Actuarial Sr Analyst - Valuation
Company: Securian Financial
Posted on: November 20, 2023
* This position is part of the Actuarial exam-taking path.
Candidates will be considered at all Actuarial Student levels. At
Securian Financial the internal title for this position is
Actuarial Analyst, Actuarial Sr. Analyst, Actuarial Consultant,
based on qualifications, experience, and exams.
This position is part of the Valuation Center of Excellence in
Enterprise Actuarial Services, a service-oriented function focusing
on actuarial valuation and analysis across a variety of products
and accounting bases. An associate in this position will be part of
creating a supportive and collaborative team environment and
furthering Securian's actuarial modernization efforts. They will
develop a deep understanding of actuarial valuation, product
cashflows, and drivers of financial results.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Calculate actuarial balances and produce supporting analysis to
- Collaborate with the actuarial modeling team to develop
valuation models; provide requirements and perform user acceptance
- Perform, test, and/or monitor controls and provide support for
external and internal auditors
- Research and apply valuation regulations
- Seek to understand the needs and perspectives of various
stakeholders of valuation results and develop solutions to meet
- Identify and implement improvements to valuation processes,
data, and systems to streamline operations and provide enhanced
- Create and maintain thorough documentation for valuation in
compliance with Securian standards and applicable Actuarial
Standards of Practice (ASOPs)
- Support other associates and projects within the Valuation
Center of Excellence in alignment of changing priorities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills along with a
willingness to partner with others to get to the best
- Curiosity and initiative to explore and work through ambiguous
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills to
effectively interact with a variety of audiences and a willingness
to participate in constructive debate.
- Solid technical aptitude with the ability to learn complex
- Discipline and ability to adhere to governance standards
- Self-motivated and flexible; ability to work independently and
as part of a team.
- Strong documentation and organizational skills with attention
to details. Preferred Qualifications:
- Commitment and ability to progress towards the FSA
- Expertise with technical tools (Prophet, R, Excel/VBA)
- Understanding of financial reporting (GAAP, Statutory)
- Knowledge of life and annuity products. Securian Financial
believes in hybrid work as an integral part of our culture.
Associates get the benefit of working both virtually and in our
offices. If you're in a commutable distance (90 minutes) you'll
join us 2-3 days each week in our offices to collaborate and build
relationships. Our policy allows flexibility for the reality of
business and personal schedules. When working in our offices at
least two days per week isn't feasible (vacations, illness, travel,
etc.), an eight day per month standard is an option.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Ability to utilize the keyboard, computer and/or mouse for up
to 8 hours per day
- Ability to work at least 40 hours per week
- Ability to utilize the phone and/or virtual meeting platform
for 1-4 hours per day The physical job requirements described above
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of jobs.
Securian Financial has been around for 140 years. We're committed
to giving back to our community, donating 15,000 employee volunteer
hours this past year. We also provide extensive resources to our
employees for professional development and growth and a number of
diverse professional and social opportunities throughout the
company. There's a reason our employees have voted us as a best
place to work year after year! In addition:
- Generous paid time off. We want you to take time off for
whatever matters most to you!
- Tuition reimbursement program. We value continuous learning at
- Company-funded pension plan as well as 401K retirement plan -
great resources to secure your financial future.
- Continuous opportunities for new challenges.
- Variety of health plan options as well as dental and vision
- Paid maternity/paternity leaves.
Securian Financial Group, Inc. does not discriminate based on race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity,
sexual orientation, age, marital or familial status, pregnancy,
disability, genetic information, political affiliation, veteran
status, status in regard to public assistance or any other
protected status. If you are a job seeker with a disability and
require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please
contact us by email at Employment@Securian.com, by telephone
651-655-5522 (voice), or 711 (Relay/TTY).
To view our privacy statement click here
To view our legal statement click herePandoLogic. Keywords:
Valuation Analyst, Location: Lakeville, MN - 55044 , PL:
Keywords: Securian Financial, Lakeville , Actuarial Sr Analyst - Valuation, Professions , Lakeville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!