Actuarial Sr Consultant- IS Risk Mgmt
Company: Securian Financial Group Careers
Posted on: November 20, 2023
This position is part of the Risk Team within Individual Solutions.
The Risk Team provides monitoring, analysis, and management of
risks within Individual Life and Annuity including our asset
strategies, hedge programs and tolerance thresholds. Our Risk Team
is comprised of engaging, curious, and collaborative teammates that
seek to deliver high quality actuarial work and value to the
organization while having fun and building meaningful relationships
in the process. As an Actuarial Sr Consultant, you will play a key
role in championing and advancing Asset Liability Management (ALM)
strategies and developing proactive risk management analysis that
supports Individual Solutions' strategies and enterprise
Individual Solutions serves individuals and families by developing
financial professional supported financial security solutions. We
are committed to smart growth and building earnings capacity while
fulfilling our purpose and contributing to the advancement of
enterprise priorities. Our management philosophy balances risk and
return, competitive position, and distribution relevance.
This position is part of the Actuarial exam-taking path. At
Securian Financial the internal title for this position is
Actuarial Consultant or Actuarial Sr Consultant. The title and
salary will be determined based on experience and exam
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the ALM operations for the Individual Life and Annuity
products including setting investment strategies, monitoring ALM
limits and targets, and collaborating on strategic ALM solutions
with SAM and ERM.
- Collaborate and maintain relationships with key risk management
stakeholders in Individual Solutions, SAM, and Finance, Risk, and
- Serve on assigned ALM strategic or governance forums, including
ALM Group, IS Segregated Portfolio Working Group, or ALM strategic
- Provide input into product development, rate management, and
pricing decisions for Individual Life insurance products.
- Oversee liability reporting and projections for ALM and
investment strategy, requiring an understanding of the liability
profile and policyholder behavior and collaboration with VCOE,
MCOE, and IS Business Intelligence Teams.
- Develop risk metrics and data/analytics capabilities to aid in
analysis of emerging risks and tolerance thresholds to inform and
advise IS senior leadership on risk management decisions.
- Collaborate with ERM and Individual Solutions actuaries to
direct strategy and manage the effectiveness of our IUL hedging
- Provide risk expertise on Sale Practices, Premium Financing and
Executive Benefits, including reviewing business cases with unique
risk profiles to ensure the fit within our risk appetite,
monitoring and enforcing risk limits, and making recommendations on
- ASA or FSA designation with at least 5 years of relevant
- Strong creative, analytical, and problem-solving skills to
analyze information and form recommendations.
- Effective organization, attention to detail, and prioritization
to ensure quality standards and deadlines are met
- Proven ability to develop, maintain, and leverage relationships
with Individual Solutions and Shared Service teams
- Communication skills, both verbal and written, to explain
processes and results to both finance and non-finance
- Understanding of the risk/reward mindset including the ability
to advance the strategies and goals of Individual Solutions while
dutifully helping the broader enterprise manage risk
- Knowledge of Individual Life and Annuity products, markets and
- Ability to demonstrate courage and resilience when working on
complex actuarial topics and determining solutions to satisfy
multiple stakeholders' needs
Physical Job Requirements:
- Ability to utilize keyboard, mouse, and computer for up to 8
hours per day
- Ability to work at least 40 hours per week
The physical job requirements described above are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of jobs.
Securian Financial believes in hybrid work as an integral part of
our culture.Associates get the benefit of working both virtually
and in our offices. If you're in a commutable distance (90 minutes)
you'll join us 2-3 days each week in our offices to collaborate and
build relationships. Our policy allows flexibility for the reality
of business and personal schedules. When working in our offices at
least two days per week isn't feasible (vacations, illness, travel,
etc.), an eight day per month standard is an option.
Securian Financial has been around for 140 years. We're committed
to giving back to our community, donating 15,000 employee volunteer
hours this past year. We also provide extensive resources to our
employees for professional development and growth and a number of
diverse professional and social opportunities throughout the
company. There's a reason our employees have voted us as a best
place to work year after year! In addition:
- Generous paid time off. We want you to take time off for
whatever matters most to you!
- Tuition reimbursement program. We value continuous learning at
- Company-funded pension plan as well as 401K retirement plan -
great resources to secure your financial future.
- Continuous opportunities for new challenges.
- Variety of health plan options as well as dental and vision
- Paid maternity/paternity leaves.
Securian Financial Group, Inc. does not discriminate based on race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity,
sexual orientation, age, marital or familial status, pregnancy,
disability, genetic information, political affiliation, veteran
status, status in regard to public assistance or any other
protected status. If you are a job seeker with a disability and
require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please
contact us by email at Employment@Securian.com, by telephone
651-655-5522 (voice), or 711 (Relay/TTY).
To view our privacy statement click here
To view our legal statement click herePandoLogic. Keywords: Risk
Analyst, Location: Lakeville, MN - 55044
Keywords: Securian Financial Group Careers, Lakeville , Actuarial Sr Consultant- IS Risk Mgmt, Professions , Lakeville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!