Valuation Center of Excellence Actuarial Sr Consultant
Company: Securian Financial Group
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Job Description Summary:
The Sr. Consultant is part of the Valuation Center of Excellence in
Enterprise Actuarial Services, a service-oriented function focusing
on actuarial valuation and analysis needs. This role is responsible
for collaborating across multiple teams to drive assumption setting
and advance valuation governance and regulation.
If the responsibilities of this role are appealing to you, but you
do not meet all the qualifications, do not hesitate to apply! Our
primary goal is to find the right person with a passionate interest
for being successful in these responsibilities. We would rather
have the passionate interest with a path to grow, than
qualifications ready and a need to develop passion or interest!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Responsible for leading and delivering assumption
- Collaborate across multiple teams and business areas to
facilitate and lead successful assumption-setting cycle.
- Lead education and engagement efforts on assumption setting to
increase understanding and drive strategic assumption
- Implement recommendations for process improvement and
Advance actuarial governance and standards of practice
- Serve and lead actuarial governance group(s) to provide
oversight in accordance with our ERM policies and framework.
- Partner with multiple market segments to provide valuation
consultation on standards and guidelines to ensure enterprise and
- Interpret various regulations and provide guidance and
leadership for implementation and enhancement.
- Foster a culture of excellence in actuarial governance.
Support Securian's business strategy
- Utilize problem solving skillsets and creativity to support
valuation and Enterprise-wide initiatives.
- Demonstrate leadership through educating and mentoring peers
and teammates on updated regulations and financial results.
- Understanding of GAAP and statutory valuation regulations
- Ability and desire to collaborate across several teams and
- Strong leadership skills, including communication and
This role is open to both hybrid and virtual candidates.
Securian Financial believes in hybrid work as an integral part of
our culture. Associates get the benefit of working both virtually
and in our offices. If you're in a commutable distance (90 minutes)
you'll join us 2-3 days each week in our offices to collaborate and
build relationships. Our policy allows flexibility for the reality
of business and personal schedules. When working in our offices at
least two days per week isn't feasible (vacations, illness, travel,
etc.), an eight day per month standard is an option.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Ability to utilize the keyboard, computer and/or mouse for up
to 8 hours per day
- Ability to work at least 40 hours per week
- Ability to utilize the phone and/or virtual meeting platform
for 1-4 hours per day
The physical job requirements described above are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of jobs.
Securian Financial has been around for 140 years. We're committed
to giving back to our community, donating 15,000 employee volunteer
hours this past year. We also provide extensive resources to our
employees for professional development and growth and a number of
diverse professional and social opportunities throughout the
company. There's a reason our employees have voted us as a best
place to work year after year! In addition:
- Generous paid time off. We want you to take time off for
whatever matters most to you!
- Tuition reimbursement program. We value continuous learning at
- Company-funded pension plan as well as 401K retirement plan -
great resources to secure your financial future.
- Continuous opportunities for new challenges.
- Variety of health plan options as well as dental and vision
- Paid maternity/paternity leaves.
Securian Financial Group, Inc. does not discriminate based on race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity,
sexual orientation, age, marital or familial status, pregnancy,
disability, genetic information, political affiliation, veteran
status, status in regard to public assistance or any other
protected status. If you are a job seeker with a disability and
require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please
contact us by email at Employment@Securian.com, by telephone
651-655-5522 (voice), or 711 (Relay/TTY).
To view our privacy statement click here
To view our legal statement click herePandoLogic. Keywords:
Actuarial Consultant, Location: Lakeville, MN - 55044
Keywords: Securian Financial Group, Lakeville , Valuation Center of Excellence Actuarial Sr Consultant, Professions , Lakeville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!