Cost Consultant Minnesota Construction
Company: Michael Page
Posted on: November 27, 2022
The Cost Consultant is responsible for directing the consulting
team in providing estimates for cost consulting, owners reps and
construction management. Developing relationships with staff,
subcontractors, and Owner's Representatives is paramount to our
Client DetailsOur client is a growing Minneapolis based GC. With a
growing client base, the team is expanding rapidly and needs
leaders to join the organization. The complete projects across the
Multifamily, Commercial, and Education markets both on the tenant
improvement and ground up side- Due to the business's success and
growth they are looking to add to their consulting
- Perform project analysis to gain true understanding of the
project being estimated.
- Gain an understanding of the owner's project goals.
- Complete detailed quantity take-offs and application of unit
pricing to determine project budgets for all scopes contained in
the Contract Documents.
- Prepare cost plans and estimates.
- Develop WBS and cost breakdowns.
- Engage subcontractors and material suppliers to assist with
- Analyze the project scope and identify missing items.
- Provide analysis and reporting of bid tabulations.
- Verify developing designs and their compliance to meet legal
and quality standards.
- Submits estimates to the client by the deadline.
- Attend project meetings with architects, engineers, and the
client on a regular basis.
- Study the construction, real estate markets and direct
- Prepare for project interviews by rehearsing and perform
- Attend monthly estimating round table meetingsBusiness
- Identify and research market verticals that align with
- Track and propose on new opportunities nationwide.
- Create and foster relationships with potentials clients.
- Attend industry networking events.
- Actively engage in industry/trade associations.Leadership of
- Provide oversight for all assigned personnel's
- Lead regular status meetings for all active projects. Emulate
and enforce company policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership, knowledge, and mentorship to all direct
- Maintain regular performance review schedule for all direct
- Participate in promotion and award decision making
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of monthly billings
- Maintain company consulting CRM system
- Define and oversee the career development path for all junior
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction,
Architecture or related field. Additional course work in drafting
and estimating preferred.
- Minimum Eight (8) eight years in Cost Consulting/Estimating or
similar experience required
- Experience with ProEst is desired.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, attention to
details, and organizational skills.
- Self-starter with strong multi-tasking and follow-up
- Good judgment, logic, and ability to learn new things
- Strong ability to read, analyze and interpret plans and
- Innate curiosity about construction and the tools of the
- Competitive base salary between $100,000-$140,000, depending on
project experience and skills
- Lucrative bonus structure (Average bonus between
- 15 PTO Days
- 401(k) with 5% company matchMPI does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran
status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any
group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled,
protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Keywords: Michael Page, Lakeville , Cost Consultant Minnesota Construction, Professions , Lakeville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!