Company: Manpower Engineering
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Manpower Engineering is partnering with a successful and growing
company that provides industrial products and solutions for
customers across the U.S. The organization works closely with
clients on application analysis, design and engineering solutions,
and manufacturing; taking pride in their ability to intimately
understand their clients' needs and create a unique, innovative
solution. The company is experiencing fast paced growth and
currently hiring for a Senior Buyer who will be responsible for
reviewing material demand for actual and forecasted sales, and
purchasing the highest quality raw materials, components, and
goods, at the most cost-effective price, while meeting delivery
dates and controlling inventory. This role will plan and execute
all activities involved in the procurement from suppliers, and the
management of inventory. Work in an entrepreneurial environment
where your efforts are rewarded, and you will have a direct impact
on the future of the organization. Key Responsibilities:
- Procure production and non-production materials, goods and
equipment while emphasizing best combination of cost, quality, and
- Negotiate price, quality, delivery, discounts, and returns with
suppliers in an approved and ethical manner and in compliance with
company policies and regulations.
- Place purchase orders and work orders to meet delivery
- Maintain relevant purchasing and demand planning information in
ERP such as supplier pricing, MOQ's/EOQ's, reorder points and lead
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with all
- Actively support Lean activities as they apply to scheduling
work and materials - identify ways to eliminate waste in the
- Suggest and implement purchasing and planning practices to
reduce inventory and increase turns.
- Optimize inventory to achieve targets and improve customer
on-time delivery performance.
- Analyze material requirements and synchronize delivery to match
the production schedule.
- Review and reconcile weekly freight invoice reports.
- Resolve shipping discrepancies and invoice mismatches as
- Keep up to date on current pricing, quotes, new products,
promotions, etc.Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in supply chain, distribution, logistics,
materials management, or related field preferred. Associates degree
with commensurate experience may be considered.
- 5+ years of experience in Purchasing and/or Production Planning
(or similar position) in a manufacturing environment. Experience in
the power generation, oil & gas, construction/off road markets a
- Strong mathematical skills including the ability to calculate
percentages and margins.
- Superior analytical and critical thinking skills for problem
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, Word.
Advanced report writing experience, pivot table experience and data
graphing a plus.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems, detail oriented.
- Must demonstrate strong organizational and time-management
- Ability to communicate cross functionally. Excellent listening,
verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, time-constraints and
- Working knowledge of ERP inventory systems (NetSuite experience
Keywords: Manpower Engineering, Lakeville , Senior Buyer, Professions , Lakeville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!