Company: Northern Tool & Equipment
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Northern Tool + Equipment is family-owned retailer. We are
currently seeking a talented Second Shift Supervisor to lead and
guide personnel to meet quality of product manufactured and
customer service standard. We are a growing company with plans to
expand into new markets and our looking to build our team with
great leaders who are focused on developing and supporting their
team to success.
Schedule: 2nd Shift; Monday - Thursday 4:00 PM - 3:00 AM
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To effectively maintain an efficient, quality production by
supervising personnel in both assembly and fabrication areas.
Ensure product is assembled, packaged and transferred to shipping
in a timely manner.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
* Assigns and monitors work of assigned personnel, implements new
procedures/systems, implements productivity standards, and
maintains reference manuals.
* Resolves operations problems, facilitates or performs maintenance
to ensure that machines are able to run and meet production
* Maximizes efficiencies by making sure that all employees are
trained and able to performed their assigned work.
* Maintains Quality and customer service by enforcing standards and
involvement and support of Kaizen activities.
* Enforces quality of product manufactured and the customer service
* Reports machine and equipment malfunctions to maintenance
personnel and Director of Manufacturing.
* Reviews work order due dates to prioritize, establish staff
assignments and verify appropriate staffing levels to ensure that
production schedules are completed on time.
* Supervises and manages employees as it relates to all projects or
related work, establishes performance requirements, clarifies
responsibilities of those supervised, conducts performance
appraisals and plans for individual employee development.
* Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential
problems and related information necessary for effective
management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with
others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team
* Maintains housekeeping and cleanliness by utilizing 5S
* Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
* High school Diploma or equivalent.
* 1-3 years of related job experience.
* 1-3 years of supervisory experience.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
* Ability to write clear procedure manuals.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions in one-on-one and small group situations.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
* Ability to compute rates, ratios and percentages and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
* Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
* Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical
instructions with several abstract and concrete variables in
mathematical or diagram form.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,
with a wide variety of customers, Company personnel and others.
* Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment's 12 Core
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
* Ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
* Frequently required to use hands to handle objects.
* Regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and
* Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance
vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Direct supervision of:
35-40 non exempt employees
Northern Tool + Equipment is an equal opportunity employer
committed to an inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other basis
prohibited by law.
Keywords: Northern Tool & Equipment, Lakeville , Production Supervisor, Professions , Lakeville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!