Junior Logistics Analyst
Company: Midwest Veterinary Supply
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Midwest Veterinary Supply: is seeking a Junior Logistics
Analyst: for our Lakeville, MN corporate office.
The Junior Logistics Analyst will support distribution operations
by assisting in the design, testing, and implementation of
warehouse management system changes. Additionally, the Junior
Logistics Analyst will analyze data and information from many
sources to ensure visibility is provided to management in order to
make quality business decisions.
Essential Job Functions::
- Work with the System Developers, Logistics Management, and
other members of the Warehouse Management System maintenance and
upgrade team to generate test data and execute specific scenario
requests and provide detailed feedback based on results and
- Apply analytic methods or tools to understand, predict, or
control logistics operations or processes.
- Confer with logistics management teams to determine ways to
optimize service levels, maintain supply-chain efficiency, or
- Provide guidance, support, training, and feedback to operations
staff across all facilities relating to new projects, upgrades, and
ongoing maintenance or development.
- Monitor inventory transactions at warehouse facilities to
assess receiving, storage, shipping, or inventory integrity.
- Work with logistics management to identify areas of opportunity
to reduce spending and benefit from volume based discounts.
- Work with other departments to gather and assemble relevant
data for projects being worked on.
- Complete other duties, operational changes, and special
projects as assigned.
Job Requirements & Qualifications::
- Must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily
- A High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- A minimum of two of years of experience in a distribution
environment is desired
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating instructions, and procedural manuals
- Basic computer skills, ability to operate a Windows-based
computer and data entry
- Good listening and verbal communication skills to include the
ability to demonstrate diplomacy and professionalism
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work well with others and independently
- The ability make quick decisions based on sound business logic
- Ability to work with Corporate office to achieve mutual goals
- Ability to remain flexible and open minded
- Cognos version 10.2 or greater is beneficial
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Strong customer service skills
Mental & Physical Demands::
- Attention to detail to assure accuracy
- Regular interaction with people, team-player
- Daily deadlines may result in a fast pace of work
- Potential for stress related to typical problem resolution
- Acceptant of constructive criticism and feedback
- Continuous use of hands for writing and computer keyboard
- Vision: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Use of a telephone - listening and speaking
- Ability to work at a desk throughout the day
Job duties and requirements may be subject to modification to
reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Requirements
are representative of the minimum levels of education, experience
and skills required to perform the essential functions of this job.
The job description does not constitute a written or implied
contract of employment. Midwest Veterinary Supply reserves the
right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the
Windows based computer, safety equipment, label equipment, handheld
scanners, ladders, box cutter, and pallet jack.
Work will typically be performed Monday through Friday. Working
more than 40 hours per workweek may be required. Work will be
performed indoors in a temperature-controlled climate where
moderate heat, cold or humidity may be experienced. Moderate
exposure to dust and dirt may also be expected. Occasional travel
may be required during project planning, implementation, and post
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package for
Junior Logistics Analyst including Medical and Dental insurance,
Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance,
Short- and Long-Term Disability insurance, a 401k plan, paid
holidays, and Paid Time Off (PTO). Our work environment is business
casual and we like to have fun with weekly relaxed dress days,
monthly breakfasts and birthday celebrations, and regular events
like holiday contests, cookouts, and employee appreciation
Midwest Veterinary Supply, Inc. (MVS) has provided quality service
and merchandise to the veterinary profession since 1961. Our
products are distributed from eight branches located in key
geographic locations within our trade area. We take great pride in
getting our orders out the same day as called in and having the
product in the customer's hand the next day. MVS carries products
and equipment from most major manufacturers. As we continue to
grow, our goal will be, as it has always been, to provide the
veterinary profession the very best in service along with quality
merchandise at fair and competitive prices.
Midwest Veterinary Supply believes in providing equal employment
opportunities for all employees and will not violate any law
prohibiting discrimination for or against any employee or applicant
for employment on the basis of any characteristic protected under
local, state, or federal statute, ordinance, or regulation. To view
applicable employment notices, please visit our Careers page at
Keywords: Midwest Veterinary Supply, Lakeville , Junior Logistics Analyst, Professions , Lakeville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!