Sanitation Supervisor - Overnights
Company: Michael Foods Inc. Careers
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Business Unit Overview: Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the
food processing and distribution industry with business in egg
products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer
exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you
can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact.
Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in
Food. Location Description: Michael foods, Inc. located in Chaska,
Minnesota is known as the "best small town in Minnesota" with a
highly rated school system and home of the PGA Tournament in 2018!
As our community grows, we strive to preserve the small town
atmosphere. Minutes away from beautiful lakes, major highways,
shopping malls and the Twin Cities, it is the perfect location to
work!. Our location produces a variety of potato products. For over
100 years, the Michael Foods family of businesses has leveraged
quality ingredients and innovative processes to offer the finest
products and solutions to our customers and to food-loving
consumers. Responsibilities: POSITION SUMMARY: - This position has
the responsibility to comply with Safety work rules at all times as
well as an obligation to reinforce Safety as a Core Value. Ensures
that all policies, procedures and activities, related to Food
Safety & Quality, are followed and complied with uniformly, in an
effort to reduce product and process variability. - Ensures
regulatory Compliance. This position is responsible for overseeing
the day to day activities of the employees performing sanitation
tasks on their assigned shift and insuring all sanitation standard
operating procedures (SSOP) are implemented in the facility. -
Train and coach employees to build an effective sanitation program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: -
- Assumes personal responsibility to insure safe and healthy
workplace for everyone. Adhere to all safety policies and
procedures and, incorporate safety and health in all jobs and
tasks. - Insures regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for training all current and new employees in
proper cleaning SSOPs, chemical use, and safety procedures.
- Conduct periodic sanitation audits on all lines and shifts to
- Partner with Sanitation Supervisor to manage cleaning and
sanitation operations (including CIP) in the facility to insure
proper execution of sanitation activities.
- Assess the sanitation activities to ensure proper cleaning of
equipment and environment. - Coach employees in proper techniques
and follow through to ensure there is adequate understanding to
perform tasks assigned.
- Participate in pre-operational inspection. Train personnel
doing pre-operational inspection to insure uniform standards.
- The ability to write and review SSOP's, SOP's, and Standard
- Train all employees in proper chemical usage and handling.
- Proactively solve concerns in regards to GMP, SSOP, SOP, SW,
SDS, and Process Control programs.
- Performs inspections of plant, stored equipment, and
environment to assess cleanliness. - Recommends changes and
opportunities as needed.
- Participate in the hiring/staffing of sanitation and quality
personnel. - Train all new personnel in the correct safety and
cleaning methods. - Conducts required training for safety and
- Work with the Sanitation Supervisor to maintain a Master
Sanitation Schedule for the entire facility and grounds. Coordinate
and execute weekend and non-daily cleaning with a cross functional
team of sanitation, production, and maintenance members.
- Participates in 3rd party audits. Work with plant management to
identify and correct quality and sanitation concerns ensuring we
meet customer and regulatory expectations.
- Supports investigation and root cause analysis to improve
- Participate in customer concerns root cause analysis and other
pertinent current events.
- Participate in the approval of new equipment, changes in
design, and SSOP development for new equipment. Establish and
execute cleaning requirements for facility construction plans.
- Adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) as well as Safe
Quality Food (SQF) requirements. Adhere to safe work practices,
follow GMP's, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product
quality is maintained. - Report to management any conditions or
practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or
- Develop, or provide assistance in the development of, corporate
and plant quality systems, including the areas of sanitation,
quality, and operations.
- Maintain and monitor all pre-requisite systems within the
facility to ensure that all required documentation is consistently
and accurately completed. -
- Provide supervisory support of the third shift quality &
sanitation staff as required or directed by the Quality
- Fill in as needed for Quality Supervisors and
- Provide technical support to customer service, and customers
regarding cleaning and sanitation processes.
- Lead all shelf life and micro investigations from a sanitation
- Participate in plant-wide GMP audits and training.
- Perform food safety and sanitation audits to ensure compliance
with company, government, and customer specifications.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all plant processes to aid in
problem solving and internal auditing.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures. Qualifications:
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: - EDUCATION: Bachelor of Science in
Microbiology, Food Science or related field. COMMUNICATION -SKILLS:
-In order to promote a manufacturing environment that is safe and
efficient for both personnel and food, the ability to effectively
communicate in basic English (both verbal and written) is required.
This includes the ability to speak, read and comprehend safety
instructions, rules and warnings for self and others in both normal
and emergency situations. LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read,
analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional
journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure
manuals. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one
and in group situations. - Ability to respond to questions from
internal/external customers/vendors at all levels including
management. EXPERIENCE: Five or more years of experience performing
similar work; or an equivalent combination of education and
experience.. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and
amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions,
percentages, fractions, ratios. - Ability to apply concepts of
basic algebra. REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems,
collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability
to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in
mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and
concrete variables. OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: - EDUCATION,
EXPERIENCE, and SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Specific skills and abilities required that are not included in
- Certified sanitarian.
- Knowledge of relevant federal, state, and local laws, rules and
- Skills in identifying sanitation problems and providing
- Able to organize and prioritize work to achieve proper
- Ability to build a highly effective team.
Keywords: Michael Foods Inc. Careers, Lakeville , Sanitation Supervisor - Overnights, Other , Lakeville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!