Company: The Garrett Companies
Posted on: March 19, 2023
- The Leasing Specialist is responsible for successfully
executing the community's marketing, leasing, and renewal
strategies of an initial lease-up community to achieve set
- Develops and initiates creative and innovative methods to
increase the quantity and quality of incoming prospective
residents. Assists with marketing efforts in the community to
promote positive awareness of the property and increase traffic of
prospective residents. Contacts prospective residents by phone or
through email to market the property and schedule
- Sets the bar by intuitively assessing prospective residents
needs and has the ability to adapt the sales approach to individual
personality types thus having a consistently higher closing ratio
when compared to industry
- Performs leasing of apartment units at the assigned property to
prospective residents by communicating the value of residence at
the assigned Expert knowledge of the community's market, including
but not limited to, direct local and product competition, rent
levels, amenity preferences, the general housing market, the job
market, and neighborhood demographics.
- Keeps abreast of current changes in technology, processes, and
standards within the industry and area of responsibility by
attending internal and external training classes, research and/or
subscribing to the internet or other professional publications or
utilizing other appropriate method to obtain business and
professional information and applies knowledge and practices to
- Ensure that each resident and employee experience is in line
with the Garrett Management vision andSpecific Duties and
- Lead by example on how to create an exemplary customer
experience for all future and existing residents at the community.
This includes but is not limited to responding to internet leads,
answering phone calls, and showing prospective residents their
future apartment home. Maintains information on incoming prospects
daily and shares with the community manager as needed.
- Responds to phone and email inquiries from prospective
residents. Applies sales techniques to schedule tours of the
community. Meets with prospective residents and checks the
availability of apartment homes based on preferences
- Collects required information from prospective residents to
qualify residents for a lease. Completes all forms and data entry
associated with leasing activities.
- Notifies prospective resident of approval or disapproval.
Assists qualified prospective residents with completing lease
agreement and collects initial rent and deposit Assists new
residents with the move-in process.
- Prepares and maintains a file for each resident according to
policy and procedures and Entrata software.
- Proactively contacts residents with expiring leases to propose
renewals and close the renewal of the lease 120 days in advance of
the lease expiration. Communicates and reinforces the resident
value proposition to overcome resistance and secure renewal
- Receives and corresponds with residents regarding service or
other needs. Prepares work orders for service and triages requests
to staff members as appropriate. Promotes positive resident
relations and provides exemplary customer service and
responsiveness to resident needs and
- Ensures adherence to The Garrett Companies policies and safety
rules; in addition, complies with policies for reporting
- Monitors the property landscape and other attributes to
identify and report potential safety hazards and concerns and to
ensure "Disney like" property aesthetics.
- Embraces a varied work schedule, including weekends and some
holidays, as required to be available to current and
- Attends and participates in training programs and events which
may require travel.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of
the business. Follows-up with future guests and new residents to
ensure satisfaction by sending e-mail, thank- you notes, and cards
or making telephone calls or other contacts to finalize decisions
to lease and/or
- Executes activities in support of the community's lease renewal
program by preparing lease renewal letters and packages for
residents, meeting with and contacting renewing residents in
advance of move-out dates and ensuring that lease renewal documents
are signed and implemented on time*Prerequisites:*
- Passionate about creating an unparalleled customer experience
and relentless in the development of your customer service
- Extensive customer service and leasing experience with new
construction and lease-ups (minimum of 1 year).
- Must be consistently detail oriented.
- Strong organizational
- Ability to recognize personal shortcomings.
- Excellent written and verbal
- Ability to listen and understand intents and
- Ability to think creatively and
- Working knowledge or ability to quickly learn property software
(Entrata), Microsoft Office, NALP preferred
- Arrive to work on time
- Bi-lingual preferred, but not required*Pre-Prerequisites (these
are the most important items)*:
- Positive attitude.
- Relentless problem-solving skills.
- Will never claim the work of others as their own.
- We are trend setters and standards breakers. Our intent is to
consistently surprise our audiences by being excellent.
- Ability to anticipate.
- Understanding the difference between causation and
correlation.We are all broom pushers. Every member of our team is
willing to work and support at all levels.Physical Demands:
- Ability to climb up to four flights of stairs to access
- Ability to walk several acres to tour community
- Some lifting; up to 25lbs
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods at a timeInitial
Training and Orientation:
- Garrett Residential Onboard
- Scheduled Weekly Meetings withOngoing Training:Membership to
professional organizations and continuing education is supported by
Garrett Residential and The Garrett Companies.Job Type:
Keywords: The Garrett Companies, Lakeville , Leasing Specialist, Other , Lakeville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...