Product Development Specialist (Hybrid)
Company: Farm Credit Council
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Location: Lakeville, MN / Mankato, MN / Sun Prairie, WI /
Position Overview: This position identifies and leads project
development initiatives, analyzes and implements significant
process improvements and determines opportunities and gaps in
products and offerings that will enhance the overall client
experience. Works directly with internal sales and technology teams
to evaluate, enhance or develop solutions (software technology,
processes, products etc.) to maximize efficiency and provide value
to the organization.
- Uncovers opportunities, gaps, and issues stemming from
product/services offerings, sales process and sales tools.
- Partners with sales, leadership and client facing teams to
understand the process and research needs.
- Partners with farmers to understand client needs and
- Evaluates and assesses projects to determine priorities.
- Performs comprehensive research on all viable solutions to a
project/issue or opportunity.
- Develops business cases, cost/benefit analysis, ROI and support
information to determine best path forward.
- Communicates with leadership to determine when/if a project
should move forward.
- Identifies, evaluate, and implements technologies or process
improvements to enhance operating efficiencies, promote
standardization, improve sales and/or enhance the client
- Leads and supports various technology integration and
improvement efforts to support product delivery.
- Works directly with external vendors and internal technology
resources to develop or enhance software to gain efficiencies and
enhance the client experience.
- Researches and understands the financial industry and new
innovations - products, services, competitors, client needs and
- Researches and understands the agriculture industry and new
- Establishes and builds relationships with farmers, clients and
non-clients, to assist in understanding the marketplace.
Minimum Qualifications & Required Knowledge, Skills and
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance,
economics, agribusiness or related field or an equivalent
combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the
essential functions of the job.
- 3-5 years of experience in product management and development
in a financial institution.
- Knowledge of federal and state (Illinois, Minnesota, and
Wisconsin) laws, regulations and compliance requirements specific
to the financial industry and Farm Credit.
- Strategic and innovative.
- Knowledge of product life-cycle or product
- Knowledge of crop insurance products and processes.
- Strong listening, written and verbal communication skills, with
ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Skill in developing and maintaining interpersonal
- Proven research skills (user research and market research).
- Experience building business cases, developing cost/benefit
analysis and determining ROI.
- Strong problem solving, decision making and organizational
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office applications and
customer relationship management (CRM) programs.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with other
teams to achieve goals and represent the business.
Who is Compeer Financial?
Compeer Financial exists to champion the hopes and dreams of rural
America. By joining our team, you will help empower those in
agriculture and rural communities to achieve their goals and expand
their possibilities. We embrace business agility and innovative
approaches to serving our clients and communities.
Why join our team?
- Amazing team members who are passionate about serving
agriculture and rural America.
- Investment in our team members' education, growth and
- Engagement in our communities through giving back and
- Flexible, collaborative and dynamic work environment.
- Great benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401K (3% Compeer contribution & up to an additional 6%
- Paid time off (vacation, sick leave, holidays, volunteer
Find out why our team members choose Compeer Financial by watching
How do I apply?
Qualified candidates, please apply online at
Compeer Financial is an equal opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Farm Credit Council, Lakeville , Product Development Specialist (Hybrid), Other , Lakeville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!