Line Operator - 1st shift
Company: Scotts Miracle-Gro Company
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical
day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth
opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an
important role in providing innovative solutions for today's
gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve
operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were
founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing.
Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform
for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change.
Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that
we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next
generation of leaders.
We are currently hiring a Line Operator on 1st shift at our
Lakeville, MN facility,
The Line Operator will be working at one of Scotts production
plants mechanically combining raw materials to produce our finished
The Operator must understand the mixing of active solution vessels,
premixes & all raw material bases for products produced.
Hours are Monday-Thursday from 6:30am-5PM.
Starting pay is $21.45 per hour!
What you'll do in this role:
* Operate a computer controlled production system for multiple raw
material ingredients that are processed in a mix room.
* Solve daily operations problems with limited supervision.
* Actively maintain good housekeeping standards in their assigned
* Complete daily job checklists & equipment checks/calibrations to
* Maintain accurate records of raw materials, samples & equipment
* Operate a forklift to transport materials
* Perform safety audits on equipment
* All other duties as assigned
* Set up machines at the beginning of shift to ensure proper
* Perform testing procedures to ensure that machines work optimally
during the production procedures
* Maintain and clean machines before and after each shift
* Feed information akin to speed, shapes and sizes through the
machine set up box
* Place parts in semi-automated machines
* Calibrate machines at the beginning of each shift
* Recalibrate machines at the end of each shift
* Monitor machines during every procedure to ensure optimum
* Troubleshoot problems during machine operation
* Ensure that regular and preventative maintenance procedures are
* Perform random tests to ensure accuracy
* Perform safety checks on every machine
* Ensure that machines are producing quality products by managing
periodic checks on output
* Ensure stocks of needed materials are ready and available at all
* Maintain activity logs/downtime sheets
What you'll need to be successful:
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* A minimum of one plus years of production plant experience is
* Able to identify all materials used, detail oriented, follow safe
practices and procedures, ability to read English and or follow
* Able to work in a dusty environment, hot/cold/ rainy weather,
lift 50 pounds, and be able to climb ladders and work on their feet
for the entire day.
* Willingness to work mandatory overtime including weekends and
What we do for you (just to name a few cool ones):
* Up to 34 paid days off each year
* 13 paid company holidays
* 12 paid vacation days (accrued monthly)
* 7 paid sick days (56 hours, accrued monthly)
* 2 community service days
* Three Medical plans to choose from with an option to participate
in a health screening to earn substantial wellness incentives
* Basic PPO Plan
* Premium PPO Plan
* High Deductible Health Saving Account (HSA) Plan with a company
* New hire benefits coverage begins within a month of your start
date: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Vacation and Sick
* Benefits are available to you, your spouse/domestic partner and
* 401(k) company match up to 7.5% with immediate participation and
* Ability to purchase company stock at a 15% discounted price from
* Fitness and nutrition reimbursements
* Adoption, fertility and surrogacy assistance
* 10 weeks of Parental Leave (4 weeks paid and 6 weeks unpaid)
* Tuition reimbursement for Professional Certifications, Associate
and Bachelor degree programs, and Graduate degree programs
* To view all of our great benefits, click here!
* Eligibility for the above benefits may vary based on
full-time/part-time status or additional factors.
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future
opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne
Gardening talent networks.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept
unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the
absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval
to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts
Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding
recruiter fees or referral compensations.
Keywords: Scotts Miracle-Gro Company, Lakeville , Line Operator - 1st shift, Other , Lakeville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!