Machine Operator -2nd Shift
Company: Hearthside Foods
Posted on: January 15, 2022
10144Machine Operator -2nd
The incumbent for the Line Lead position will have the overall
responsibility of performing a wide variety of manufacturing and
related tasks and be responsible for the overall efficiency,
quality, and safety of assigned packaging operation and
AUTHORITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY
The Line Lead has the accountability for verifying that the product
they produced is made in accordance with the customer's
specification and meets the company's quality expectations.
Although this position has no direct supervisory authority, the
Line Lead provides direction and leadership to the personnel
assigned to their production line.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Line Lead consist of
but are not limited to:
* Responsible for work assignment, monitoring, training, recording
line productivity, quality results, pallet completions, and related
activities to support production activities.
* Perform periodic product and process quality checks to ensure
material is not defective or damaged and that material is
appropriate to customer specifications.
* Maintain record of materials and product on the line, check tag
* Use inventory control system to create product tags and ordering
* Verify the documentation from Hopper Filler is accurate.
* Communicate effectively with Production Supervisor on line
performance, employee performance, quality issues, and other daily
* Perform any job duty on the line in support of line
* Assist other personnel to ensure that assigned packaging line
runs at maximum safety, efficiency, and quality. Maintain the
productivity efficiency goals.
* Dispose of off quality, improper product and materials in
* Report any issue to Production Supervisor
* Perform visual quality check of packaged and finished product to
ensure that they are not damaged or defective.
* Maintain a clean and organized work area.
* Make minor adjustments to production equipment.
* Document product weight & plot average in Winspc program.
* Perform all other duties deemed necessary, or required by the
Production Supervisor and Manager.
* Willingness to work overtime when asked.
* Ability to maintain a positive and productive relationship with
co-workers and others with whom the position may have contact.
* Set up coder and checkweigher equipment
* Willingness to work as a team member and help out where needed to
ensure maximum process efficiency.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* High school diploma or GED preferred
* One or more years experience working in a manufacturing
environment, leadership experience
* Food industry experienced preferred
* Understand verbal and written instructions
* Basic Math skills, Addition & Subtraction
* Possess a high level of patience and composure
* Ability to respond quickly
* Ability to delegate and direct
* Ability to handle several tasks concurrently
* Ability to work well with a wide variety of people
* Basic computer skills
Keywords: Hearthside Foods, Lakeville , Machine Operator -2nd Shift, Other , Lakeville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!