IT Service Desk Specialist
Company: Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community Gaming Enterp
Posted on: January 11, 2022
Job Summary: Provides 24/7 end-user computer support of
Information Technology (IT) networks, software applications and
hardware via phone, e-mail, and on-site. Support one hundred plus
applications, both stand alone and network based, on seventy plus
network servers contained in a predominantly Microsoft TCP/IP
network. Take ownership of all incomming Incidents/Requests, and
serve as the primary level of escalation. Accurately document,
categorize, and prioritize incomming Incidents/Requests to ensure a
prompt recovery within the specified Service Level Agreement.
Escalate critical situations to the appropriate staff and initiate
a conference call or bridge communication between involved parties
if necessary. Monitors alerts from critical systems and takes
action to ensure stability and uptime. Runs and monitors various
system backups and conducts the daily backup tape rotation. Images
and deploys desktop computers as a part of the life cycle process.
- Builds rapport and elicits details from end users regarding
requests. Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming requests for
assistance around existing technologies. Identify core issues and
try to resolve. Prioritizes and schedules requests. Escalate (when
required) to the appropriately IT resource. Use documentation
standards to record information pertaining to requests, to include
mitigation, source issues to rectify, and action items to build
- Familiarize with supported hardware and software. Monitors and
maintains daily IT stability and security, and routine technology
tasks. Installs equipment and software. Execute systems
add/move/changes based on defined procedures and access. Handles
problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up
for routine user problems.
- Provides assistance to other IT team members as needed. May
require flexible schedules for a 24/7 business
- Any combination of post secondary education in Business,
Information Technology or related IT field and network experience
to equal 2 years.
- Must have excellent Customer Service Skills
- Have excellent telephone, listening and communication
- Help Desk and/or Call Center software experience (such as ACD,
Magic and BMC).
- Knowledge of current network and desktop operating
- Valid driver's license may be required with a good driving
- Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs.
- Keyboarding up to 75% of time.
Keywords: Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community Gaming Enterp, Lakeville , IT Service Desk Specialist, Other , Lakeville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!