IT Data Scientist
Company: Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community Gaming Enterp
Posted on: January 7, 2022
Job Summary: The IT Data Scientist will be responsible to mine
and analyze the SMSC's and the Gaming Enterprise's data, using
statistical methods for data driven decision making. The IT Data
Scientist will be responsible for formulating, advocating,
developing and deploying enterprise wide data initiatives.
Requirements Primary Duties:
- Work as the lead data strategist, identifying and integrating
new datasets that can be leveraged through our environment and work
closely with the engineering team to strategize and execute the
development of data products.
- Will stay on top of new analytic methodologies and
technologies, and develop innovative ways to help business partners
achieve objectives through analysis and modeling.
- Execute analytical experiments methodically to help solve
various problems and make a true impact across various departments
- Identify relevant data sources and sets to mine for client
business needs, and collect large structured and unstructured
datasets and variables.
- Devise and utilize algorithms and models to mine big data
stores, perform data and error analysis to improve models, and
clean and validate data for uniformity and accuracy.
- Analyze data for trends and patterns, and Interpret data with a
clear objective in mind.
- Implement analytical models into production by collaborating
with software developers and machine learning engineers.
- Communicate analytic solutions to stakeholders and implement
improvements as needed to operational systems.
- Democratize data and information across the SMSC Gaming
Enterprise by ensuring data is available, usable, timely, reliable,
accessible and secure.
- Be an advocate for leveraging data as a strategic enterprise
asset by enabling and evolving quantitative based decision making
at all management and operational levelsJob Requirements: Reflects
MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING, CERTIFICATION and EXPERIENCE required
in order to meet the expectations of this job:
- Has a minimum of 6 years of experience in data management
and/or data architecture.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics,
Applied Mathematics or a related field required, Master's degree
- Skilled in the design, development, and validation of
descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics.
- Proficiency with data mining, mathematics, and statistical
- Demonstrated leadership and executive communication skills and
ability in working collaboratively with all levels of team members
- Experience with Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau, SQL, and
programming languages (i.e., Java/Python, SAS).
- Working experience in the gaming/casino industry and working
knowledge of overall resort casino business management practices
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality as needed.
- Organize and prioritize work.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Keywords: Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community Gaming Enterp, Lakeville , IT Data Scientist, Other , Lakeville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!