Company: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?
Posted on: October 9, 2021
We are seeking a Maintenance
Technician to repair and maintain machines and mechanical equipment
in accordance with schematics, blueprints, operations manuals and
Work schedule: Monday - Friday, 7am - 3:30pm
- Performs preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs of
all production equipment including Computer Numeric Controls (CNC)
and manual machines, facility air compressors and forklifts
- Performs maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs of water
- Performs maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs of gas fired
burner equipment (paint wash booth, paint ovens, building
- Performs maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs pneumatic and
hydraulic controls, cylinders, pumps and other related
- Performs maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs of all
electric and electronic components, such as Computer Numeric
Controls (CNC), motor starters, relays, proximity switches, timers,
limit switches, motor drives and Programmable Logic Controllers
- Oversees operation of Maintenance Department in the absence of,
or as delegated by, Maintenance Supervisor
- Documents maintenance and repair work performed, using
- Completes all necessary paperwork, including work orders in a
- Complies with all Northern Tool + Equipment policies and
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards
while performing work.
- Maintains cleanliness and hygiene of all associated work
- Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential
problems, and related information necessary for effective
management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with
others, as appropriate, to ensure a coordinated work effort and
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
- High school degree of equivalent
- Extended education equivalent to a 2 year vocational
- Minimum of 5years of experience troubleshooting and repair of
- Significant working knowledge of mechanical drive systems,
electrical controls, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, Heating
Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems.
- Working knowledge of 480 VAC 3 PHASE, 120 VAC and assorted
- Relies on significant experience and judgment to plan and
accomplish goals with minimal supervision.
- Ability to use test equipment including but not limited to
digital multi-meters, ammeters, anemometers, oscilloscopes, leak
sensors, and tachometers
- Ability to read and apply schematics and blueprints including
but not limited the following areas, electrical, electronic,
hydraulic and mechanical.
- Knowledge of janitorial cleaners and practices. Must be able to
work with a variety of cleaning agents and chemicals.
- Ability to work safely and comply with all established rules
and practices relating to safety and security.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple and varied projects.
- Personal Computer skills, Microsoft Word, internet and
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,
with a wide variety of customers, Company personnel and
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core
The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Frequently required to sit, use hands to handle objects and
talk or hear.
- Frequent wrist and/or hand movement is required.
- Occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and
- Ability to frequently lift up to 10 pounds, 25 pounds.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to rarely lift up to 75 pounds, 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision,
distant vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Keywords: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?, Lakeville , Maintenance Technician, Other , Lakeville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!