Company: Treehouse Foods
Posted on: September 14, 2021
Environmental Health & Safety
Job Posting Title:
The EHS (Environmental Health Safety) & RM (Risk Management)
Manager is responsible for supporting the Category Leader and
driving EHS excellence at the site level. Focused on leading
EHS&RM compliance and supporting the implementation of
EHS&RM programs, practices and security strategy to achieve
performance excellence. This position is responsible for driving a
safe working culture and implementing effective EHS&RM programs
aligned with Corporate EHS&RM that enable the site to
effectively identify and mitigate risks.
This position will report to the Category EHS&RM Leader who
reports into the Divisional EHS&RM Director.
- Provide strategic direction and oversight, aligned with
Corporate EHS & Risk Management, for environmental, occupational
health, safety, industrial hygiene, occupation medical, and
- Ensure compliance with multidisciplinary groups and EHS
programs in accordance with federal, provincial, state, local
regulations and internal standards to drive continual improvement
and an incident free work environment
- Assisting with safety related regulatory compliance issues, as
well as assisting with updating and implementation of company and
divisional safety policies/standards.
- Supporting analysis, preparation and maintenance of mandatory
/regulatory safety and environmental reports/records through
EHS&RM Data Management System
- Lead cross functional and multidisciplinary team to address EHS
and security site issues, formulate proposal for strategic and
tactical responses, and advise site leadership of impacts and
- Implement an incident investigation methodology, aligned with
corporate EHS & Risk Management, at sites to ensure incidents are
investigated and root causes are identified.
- Support the Site Leadership Team, supervisors and employees to
ensure the site success to drive towards zero environmental and
employee health & safety incidents. Analyzes incident data to
identify trends and incident types that can be prevented.
- Ensure that site regulatory and internal reporting is submitted
on time and is accurate and reproducible. Monitor site metrics and
implement programs to address undesirable trends.
- Site EHS liaison for applicable regulatory agencies and
internal THS organizations (Engineering, CI, etc.). Support cross
functional relationship with site FSQ, Eng, and Maintenance
- Participate in the THS EHS & Risk Management network
(communities, conferences, audits) representing the site to develop
and implement Campbell EHS programs and practices consistency
throughout the organization.
- Maintaining Plant SDS Program using Site-Hawk.
- Updating and maintaining PPE Records.
- Supporting Worker's Compensation loss control programs and
related reporting requirements.
- Maintaining Brady Lock Pro (LOTO Instructions) for all
machinery plant wide.
- Assisting with updating and revising Plant Safety Programs if
- Ensuring injured employees receive appropriate medical care in
a timely manner by accompanying them to Medical Provider Visits.
(WorkMed, Hospital, etc.)
- Participate on Safety and Environmental Divisional
- Coordinator of the Plant Safety Committee.
- Support Environmental, Health and Safety Policies and
- Safety and Environmental issues in absence of EHS Manager.
- Updating and testing of LOTO Procedures on all equipment
- Ensuing all First Aid Supplies are stocked sufficiently at all
- Become First Responder Certified every 2 years.
- Ensuring all AED's are tested and compliant on a monthly
- Safety Portion of New Hire Orientation.
- Safety Shoe Voucher Program.
- Prescription Safety Glass Voucher Program.
- Assist with facilitating the Near Miss Program.
- Assist with Environmental Audits. (internal and external)
- Plan, Do, Check and Act Investigations for all reported
- Ability to use Data Management Software to log in audits, task
completion, injury records, etc.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participation in safety orientations for new employees.
- Participation in administering plant hearing conservation
program and annual audiometric testing.
- Industrial hygiene monitoring and equipment maintenance.
- Support plant EHS Audits.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree required - Engineering or Industrial
Technology, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety or related
- Minimum education required: B. S. in Scientific, Engineering or
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Trained subject matter expertise familiar with OSHA/EPA
- Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Skilled in leading strategic initiatives, planning and
management of change
- Knowledgeable in OSHA's Process Safety Management and/or EPA's
Risk Management Plan Standards.
- Technical EHS skills: behavior-based principles, engineering,
hazard recognition, risk assessment and worker compensation
- Business / financial knowledge
- Strategic planning
- Have a general understanding of production processes,
equipment, systems typically found in a manufacturing
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, team-building,
and leadership skills
- Experience with environmental management information systems
(EMIS) and support software (ex. Intelex, Site Hawk, ISN, or
TreeHouse Use Only: #IND1
Keywords: Treehouse Foods, Lakeville , Safey Manager, Other , Lakeville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!