Company: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?
Posted on: September 14, 2021
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To manage the planning and scheduling of shop floor operations
in the areas of fabrication and assembly in a manner that results
in achievable production schedules that meet customer demand
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Reviews demand
requirements, and with a firm understanding of capacity
constraints, coordinates the issuance and release of work orders
and schedules to all shop floor operations.
- Utilizes MRP and other planning tools and processes to level
production schedules as much as possible while maintaining an
adequate level of finished goods inventory.
- Actively participates in the Sales, Inventory, Operations, and
Planning process (SIOP’s) and utilizes this exchange of information
to make decisions regarding the scheduling of the shop floor
- Accurately issues and allocates inventory to work orders,
notifies the warehouse manager of any inventory discrepancy issues
that need to be investigated or corrected and issues purchase
orders for parts requiring outside operations.
- Maintains a firm understanding and command of information
pertaining to internal or external part shortages that may impact
the production plan, keeps track of information pertaining to the
shortages and actively communicates the issues, participates in
short- and long-term problem solving to prevent recurrence of the
- Recommends and selects alternative schedules to correct short
and medium range capacity constraints or material availability
issues in a manner that minimizes disruptions, schedule changes,
and maintains production up time.
- Regularly updates information and performs date maintenance in
the MRP system to provide accurate and timely availability of
- Coordinates engineering change notices and temporary deviations
within production schedules and MRP system to support accurate
production Bills of Materials and Inventory accuracy.
- Acts as inside sales for non-NTE customers for Manufacturing
Department by communicating directly with customer on all aspect of
- Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential
problems and related information necessary for effective
management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with
others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team
- Provides a
daily schedule and corresponding work orders to all manufacturing
work centers / supervisors and monitors completion of and adherence
to the work orders and schedules to ensure internal and external
customer orders are satisfied. Adequately communicates schedule
shortfalls to the appropriate people.
- Give work direction the production
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned
- BS in Supply Chain, Operations Management, Logistics, or other
similar type of business curriculum
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a planning scheduling role in
a manufacturing environment
- Superior Organization and planning skills
- Advanced knowledge in Excel or similar spreadsheet tools with
data analytic capabilities
- Demonstrated proficiency in MRP/ERP systems (Microsoft Dynamics
365 and JD Edwards preferred)
- Must possess strong decision-making and problem-solving
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple and varied
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,
with a wide variety of company personnel and others.
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
- Frequently required to sit, use hands to handle objects and
talk or hear.
- Frequent wrist and/or hand movement is required.
- Occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and
- Ability to consistently lift up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to rarely lift up to 25 pounds, 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision,
distant vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Keywords: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?, Lakeville , Master Scheduler/Planner, Other , Lakeville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!