Monday - Friday, 2:00 PM - 10:30 PM schedule.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To accurately and efficiently receive, manage and ship NorthStar
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Responsible for loading of semi-trailers and the verification of
part numbers and quantities of product to be shipped.
- Accurately fills orders of NorthStar products and move material
with the use of a forklift.
- Efficiently records and packages UPS shipments
- Responsible for completion of freight billing.
- Assists in processing returns for restocking
- Assists all other forklift drivers with picking product, loading
and unloading semi-trailers.
- Disposes of garbage and unusable skids in their appropriate
- Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential
problems and related information necessary for effective
management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with
others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team
- Performs other duties as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent math skills, including the ability to comprehend
sequences of numbers
- Must be computer literate
- Forklift experience and certification (certification can be
obtained at location)
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Ability to frequently lift up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds, 50 pounds.
- Ability to rarely lift up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Frequently required to use hands to handle objects.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance
vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
REQUIREMENTS FOR EFFECTIVE PERFORMANCE:
- Ability to complete projects with minimal instructions and
under tight time constraints.
- Ability to schedule work based on the understanding of
responsibilities and priorities.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
- Direct: No direct supervisory duties.
This document is intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned
to this position. It is not intended to be an entire list of all
activities, tasks and skills required of people in the