Cub Foods - Meat Cutters - Twin Cities locations
Company: United Natural Foods Inc
Posted on: June 12, 2021
To provide cutting, preparation and stocking for the meat and
seafood department and to ensure a positive shopping experience for
customers. Primary emphasis in position is to meet daily production
needs and quality standards in meat and seafood cutting and
preparation to ensure maximum department sales, product
availability and provide high level of customer service. This
position requires ongoing customer interaction, providing prompt,
courteous service, knowledge of retail cutting techniques, food
safety regulations, ongoing heavy lifting, standing, operation of
meat equipment, exposure to cold temperatures and wet surfaces,
judgment/decision making, memorization, and reading.
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by
exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer
interactions and treating customers as the most important people in
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the
encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or
elsewhere in the store.
- Assists customers by: (examples include)
o escorting them to the products they're looking for
o securing products that are out of reach
o loading or unloading heavy items
o making note of and passing along customer suggestions or
o Performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the
- Maintain meat and seafood cases, pulls outdated product and
properly rotates, restocks as needed to maintain maximum selection,
follows merchandising plan, clean cases and sales floor.
- Ensures appropriate stocking of fresh and smoked
meat/pork/poultry cases, coolers and freezers by rotating and
- Perform meat and seafood cutting and preparation, follow safe
food handling and preparation processes, follow daily cutting lists
and completes work in allotted time, demonstrate proficiency in
sawing, boning, cutting, trimming, grinding, weighing, traying and
wrapping techniques and equipment, maintain store's quality and
trim standards, clean and sanitize all equipment used.
- Weighs, dates, labels and wraps fresh meat.
- Slices hams and other approved boneless, smoked items.
- Assist in ordering and receiving meat and seafood shipments,
order to maintain appropriate stock levels as assigned, ensure
orders are placed within allotted time.
- Understands and practices proper sanitation procedures and
ensures the work area is always clean and neat.
- Follow all store and department policies and procedures.
Skills and Abilities
- Lifting/carrying over 50 lbs., pushing/pulling over 50 force
lbs., reaching, turning, squatting, stooping, bending, equipment
operation (forklift, pallet jack, flatbed)
- The ability to work for prolonged periods of time in
refrigerated and frozen levels of temperatures.
- Must be able to safely operate a power saw, box cutter, meat
cutting knife, cuber, slicer, wrapper, and all cleaning equipment
found in the meat department.
- Must have the ability to carry out detailed written or verbal
- Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures,
counting and recording.
- Possess the ability to understand and follow verbal or
demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request
supplies orally or in writing.
- Must be able to work shifts varying in length and times,
including nights, weekends and holidays
My Cub. My Way.
We provide our customers the best grocery experience period by
personalizing our customers' evolving needs with innovation,
convenience and by supporting the communities we serve through
delivering quality, variety and fresh groceries.
At Cub, employment is built on a foundation of diversity and
inclusion that enhances and enables our associates' career
development through education and training. We pride ourselves in
having a strong team of passionate employees who provide
exceptional service. Every employee has the opportunity to make a
difference in the lives of our customers.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be
considered for employment without attention to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran or disability status.
- Additional Locations: United States of America, Minnesota,
Apple Valley; United States of America, Minnesota, Lakeville;
United States of America, Minnesota, Saint Paul; United States of
America, Minnesota, Brooklyn Park; United States of America,
Minnesota, Burnsville; United States of America, Minnesota, Blaine;
United States of America, Minnesota, Maplewood; United States of
America, Minnesota, Cottage Grove
- Schedule: Full-time
Keywords: United Natural Foods Inc, Lakeville , Cub Foods - Meat Cutters - Twin Cities locations, Other , Lakeville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!