Global Continuous Improvement Manager
Company: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?
Posted on: June 10, 2021
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To manage, communicate and execute the vision, strategies,
methods and tools to achieve improved results in key business
metrics relating to Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Growth, and
Morale. To be an agent of change and support the cultural shift in
the adoption of Lean Manufacturing principles.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Establishes measurable standards and targets prior to project
initiation, develops the strategies and tools to employ in the
project, compares actual results achieved to the targets and
provides regular detailed progress updates to management.
- Improves the process for regularly conducting continuous
improvement focused Kaizen events, develops and maintains the
Kaizen plan and calendar, assembles cross functional teams and
leads the team in conducting the event. Maintains records of the
events ran, the tools used, and the results achieved.
- Monitors and analyzes various metrics and processes (physical
and transactional), to prioritize which continuous improvement
opportunities and activities will yield the greatest impact on the
- Develops short and long-term strategies that are aligned with
company strategic objectives, initiatives and projects as they
pertain to manufacturing operations. Coordinates and leads key
projects across all levels and disciplines of the manufacturing
- Implements and oversees a culture that encourages everyone to
get involved in identifying and working on Kaizen projects;
identifies waste, and successfully implements more efficient
- Develops and refines training material on Lean Manufacturing
principles and tools; teaches hands on classes with follow up of
the material being taught. Is the primary mentor in developing the
knowledge, skills and application of Lean principles and developing
other Lean leaders.
- Develops, maintains and improves the structure of ensuring that
processes are being followed in accordance with documented
procedures by creating audits to verify conformance. Creates and
revises process documentation when a formal process does not exist
or requires updating.
- Collaborates with other department managers and leaders to
understand the goals and objectives for their areas of
responsibility and assists them in the development of strategies
and use of tools to achieve their desired results.
- Supervises and manages employees as it relates to all projects
or related work, establishes performance requirements, clarifies
responsibilities of those supervised, conducts performance
appraisals and plans for individual employee development.
- Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential
problems, and related information necessary for effective
management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with
others, as appropriate, to ensure a coordinated work effort and
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or business management /
related field of study.
- At least 5 years in a manufacturing industry.
- At least 3 years in a continuous improvement role.
- At least 2 years of supervisory / leadership experience.
- At least 2 years of global manufacturing or continuous
- Strong understanding of lean manufacturing principles,
philosophies and practices
- Demonstrated application and proven results in utilizing a
large range of tools and methods for process improvement, commonly
used in lean manufacturing.
- Lean / Six Sigma / Problem Solving and other Continuous
Improvement certifications strongly preferred.
- A strong ability to influence through leadership and coaching
without reliance on position or authority.
- Demonstrated ability in organizing work and results in the
various stages of project and change management.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of
measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability
to compute rates, ratios and percentages and to draw and interpret
data and graphs.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
with a wide variety of suppliers, customers, and company personnel
at varying levels of the organization including senior executive
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of programs including
Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Frequently required to sit, use hands to handle objects and
talk or hear.
- Frequent wrist and/or hand movement is required.
- Occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and
- Ability to frequently lift up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to rarely lift up to 25 pounds, 50 pounds, 75
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision,
distant vision and the ability to adjust focus
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Direct supervision of:
2 – 4 exempt employees
2 – 4 non-exempt employees
Indirect supervision of:
1 – 3 non-exempt employees
Keywords: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?, Lakeville , Global Continuous Improvement Manager, Other , Lakeville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!