Looking for a Fall 2021 Intern to work around 10-15 hours per
Company Overview: BTD is a fast growing metalworking company. We
provide custom metalwork services for some of the world's top
brands. Our 1100+ employees work from four facilities throughout
the Midwest and Southeast. We invest in our people, our equipment,
and our facilities to offer our clients the best value possible. We
are also a wholly-owned subsidiary of Otter Tail Corporation, a
publicly traded company on NASDAQ.
Summary: Serves as a resource for the Finance department . Under
general supervision, assists with financial reporting, variance
analysis, budgeting/forecasting, capital expenditure
justification/audits and the administration of Bank of America
Works for expense reimbursements. Other responsibilities include
identifying opportunities for improving business performance.
Safety is #1 at BTD: Our expectation is that every employee: 1)
Strictly follows safety policies, rules and safe work methods. 2)
Promptly corrects or reports safety hazards or unsafe conditions.
Promptly reports injuries for prompt diagnosis and treatment. 3)
Makes regular suggestions for safety process improvements to
support continuous improvement in safety.
- Assists with the internal financial reporting and variance
- Assists with external reporting, including the Monthly
Operating Review and narrative
- Coordinates and consolidates the monthly slide decks, for both
the executive and manager meetings
- Completes monthly statistical load in BPC and assists with the
development of forecasted statistics
- Provides functional support to operations, including hours and
- Assists with the development and implementation of annual and
periodic updates of work center rates
- Provides item and customer margin analysis for management
- Assists with periodic financial forecast and budget
- Assists with capital expenditure justifications and audits
- Administers and manages Bank of America Works and audits
compliance against policy
- Assists with the development and maintenance of the Financial
- Identifies opportunities for improving business processes,
enhancing revenue, reducing costs or improving internal controls.
Ensures integrity and reliability of the controls.
- Document and monitor internal key controls for compliance with
applicable processes, laws and regulations.
- Assists the Finance department with other projects as
Education, Experience and Skills Required: Working towards a
Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Progressive knowledge of accounting and finance principles and
the ability to apply them.
- Effective communication and presentation skills and the ability
to work quickly with strong attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio
- Analytical Thinking - Approaching a problem by using a logical,
systematic, sequential approach.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to
stand; walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects,
tools or controls; reach with hand and arms; climb stairs; balance;
stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; talk, hear; or smell. The employee
must occasionally life and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific
abilities required by the job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the
ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The position has good working conditions but
is a diversified job requiring sustained mental effort related to
public contacts, organization technical issues. The individual may
encounter moderate emotional strain or tension. There is sustained
exposure to public contact, sitting and computers.