Assistant Store Manager - Lakeville, MN
Company: Goodwill/Easter Seals Minnesota
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Assistant Store Manager II (retail store with annual revenue
between $1.6M to $2.6M) is responsible for maximizing donations to
ensure sales and revenues are met by providing leadership and
guidance to create a store environment focused on customer service
and employee satisfaction, while executing store operations within
organizational guidelines. Provides supervision and direction to
employees while performing job duties in support of Goodwill-Easter
Seals' mission and values.
A day in the life: In a typical day, an Assistant Store Manager
can expect to...
- Operational Excellence: ensure the retail store runs
- Talent Management: manage store personnel needs and ensure
employees are trained and developed.
- Performance & Standards: ensure financial and business control
through reporting and communication.
- Services & Programs: ensure continued community involvement and
education around Goodwill-Easter Seals MN.
- Safety & Asset Protection: ensure safety and protection of
employees, assets, and facilities.
GESMN retail locations have COVID-19 safety protocols to help
employees feel safe and secure. This includes (but is not limited
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) provided to employees,
including gloves, masks, and eyewear.
- 6-foot distancing standards and signage in place for employees
- Plexiglass dividers at every cash register.
- Contactless donations drop-off process for no contact with
- Daily health checks to prevent transmission.
- Work-life balance: no overnights, limited holiday hours (closed
Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter), rotating weekend shifts, and NO
late closing shifts!
- Benefits: employee discount and competitive medical, dental,
vision, life insurance and 401(k) plans
- Generous paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay!
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to read, write and speak English sufficiently to
communicate effectively with employees and customers.
- Proficient in Windows and Microsoft applications.
- Ability to work independently and coordinate multiple projects
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with the
ability to prioritize.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and strategic thinking
- Strong people management and coaching skills.
- Ability to build a strong team.
- Knowledge/expertise in working with persons with disadvantages
and/or disabilities, as well as barriers to employment.
- Ability to recruit quality individuals.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Ability and desire to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to interact with a diverse population in a
Prior Experience & Education:
- 1-3 Years of relevant experience required.
- Hard and/or Softline experience preferred.
- Bachelor's or Associate degree preferred.
- Goodwill-Easter Seals Minnesota provides education, job
training and placement services to eliminate barriers to work and
- Revenue from 50 retail stores, along with other contributions,
supports programs throughout MN.
- We divert over 65M pounds from landfills annually and place 4
people in the workplace every day.
- Questions? Contact TMForce@gesmn.org
- Read more about us here!
Goodwill-Easter Seals Minnesota (GESMN) is an Equal Opportunity
Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. GESMN will not
discriminate against any employee or applicant based upon a
person's race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex,
marital status, disability, status with regard to public
assistance, age, sexual or affectional orientation, familial
status, ancestry, local human rights commission activity,
citizenship, genetic information, protected veteran or military
status, or any other protected class.
Keywords: Goodwill/Easter Seals Minnesota, Lakeville , Assistant Store Manager - Lakeville, MN, Other , Lakeville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!