Fabrication Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Company: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?
Posted on: June 5, 2021
Monday - Friday 2:00 PM - 10:30 PM schedule.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To effectively support and coordinate activities of machine
operators, welders and paint line operators.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Develops schedules, assigns and monitors
work. Gathers resources and implements productivity standards for
- Maximizes efficiencies by making sure that all employees
are trained and able to perform their assigned work.
- Resolves operations problems, facilitates or performs
maintenance to ensure that machines are able to run and meet
- Maintains reference manuals in the paint areas and
implements new procedures when necessary.
- Reports machine and equipment malfunctions to maintenance
personnel and Fabrication Manager.
- Provides quality service by enforcing quality for product
manufactured and customer service standard.
- Reviews work order due dates to prioritize, establish
staff assignments and verify appropriate staffing levels to ensure
that production schedules are completed on time.
- Ensures that improvements generated through Kaizen and
other industrial engineering activities are adhered to and gains in
productivity are perpetuated. Provides the necessary discipline and
procedures to consistently deliver production gains.
- Maintains housekeeping and cleanliness by utilizing 5S
- Analyzes and resolves production problems while assisting
workers in solving production problems.
- Provides direction for daily priorities by communicating
with shift preceding and the shift following their designated
- Supervises and manages employees as it relates to all
projects or related work, establishes performance requirements,
clarifies responsibilities of those supervised, conducts
performance appraisals and plans for individual employee
- Keeps supervisor informed of important developments,
potential problems and related information necessary for effective
management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with
others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
- High school Diploma or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of related job experience.
- At least 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
- Ability to write clear procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rates, ratios and percentages and to draw
and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical
instructions with several abstract and concrete variables in
mathematical or diagram form.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,
with a wide variety of customers, Company personnel and
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core
- Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds.
- Frequently required to sit, use hands to handle objects, and
talk and hear.
- Frequent wrist and/or hand movement is required.
- Frequently required to stand, walk and reach with hands and
- Specific vision abilities include depth perception and the
ability to adjust focus.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Direct supervision of:
35 - 40 non exempt employees
This document is intended to describe the general nature and
level of work being performed by people assigned to this
position. It is not intended to be an entire list of all
activities, tasks and skills required of people in the
Keywords: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?, Lakeville , Fabrication Supervisor - 2nd Shift, Other , Lakeville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!