Continuous Improvement Engineer
Company: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?
Posted on: June 1, 2021
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To provide high level professional expertise to the
Manufacturing engineering department by coordinating with
leadership to implement and lead initiatives which will ensure
efficiency in the production of Northern Tool Manufactured
products. To provide informal leadership to level I and level II
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Oversees the processes implemented for manufactured products by
interacting daily with level I and level II engineers, the assembly
and fabrication departments, and management to ensure that projects
are implemented and tasks completed in a timely manner.
- Facilitates new initiatives or modifications to existing
initiatives coordinating with management and other departments to
ensure efficient continuous improvement of processes.
- Relies on professional expertise to improve work processes
using data gathered by manufacturing engineering team. Identifying
problems, root causes and evaluates options toward resolution.
Makes recommendations to Manufacturing Engineering Manager and
implements identified solutions.
- Oversees new process innovation by designing, developing,
recommending and implementing new procedures and methods to improve
manufacturing operations and reduce costs. Provides guidance to
level I and level II engineers.
- Takes responsibility for the preparation, development,
monitoring and maintenance of project schedules. Researches and
makes recommendations for capital and renovation projects.
- Facilitates work by outside contractors as assigned, overseeing
work, making recommendations for modification and approving
- Assists Manufacturing Engineering Manager in developing
strategy for department that supports the Northern Tool + Equipment
manufacturing goals and initiatives.
- Implements and oversees a culture that encourages everyone to
get involved in identifying and working on Kaizen projects.
Identifies waste and successfully implements more efficient
- Leads a safe, healthy and ergonomic work environment. Follows
organization standards and all Industry governing regulations.
- Ensures that the design and maintenance of automated test
equipment is being conducted effectively and in a timely
- Facilitates communication with other departments in the design
and manufacturing of welding and assembly test fixtures and
- Facilitates the implementation and promotion of LEAN
principles: 5S, Eliminating Muda (waste), Visual Factory
- Oversees the development and implementation of new tools and
technical knowledge of industrial engineering standards to ensure
that Northern Tool + Equipment Manufacturing remains competitive in
- Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential
problems and related information necessary for effective
management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with
others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering or related
- At least 5 years of related job experience in a manufacturing
- Certification in Lean Manufacturing principles required.
- Six Sigma certification preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership/mentorship to other
- Demonstrated ability to apply advanced manufacturing
engineering concepts to daily work.
- Demonstrated reputation as an informal leader and mentor in the
- Must possess strong decision-making skills and the ability to
lead a project with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,
with a wide variety of company personnel and others.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word,
Excel and PowerPoint.
- Significant Knowledge of Computer Animated Drafting software
used in the industry.
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Ability to stand and walk throughout the facility during
required length of the shift.
- Frequently required bend, stoop, push and pull objects.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and
- Specific vision abilities include depth perception and the
ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to talk and hear.
- Ability to consistently lift up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to rarely lift up to 50 pounds, 75 pounds.
- Ability to work at heights of up to 35 feet.
Keywords: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?, Lakeville , Continuous Improvement Engineer, Other , Lakeville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!