Strategic Sourcing Lead
Company: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?
Posted on: May 31, 2021
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To own the sourcing of raw material and/or component
availability to meet production schedules, meet cost/value
expectations, and secure favorable terms and conditions within the
framework of the company’s sourcing integrity program.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Negotiates favorable terms and conditions for master service
agreements, vendor managed inventory, and consignment inventory
- Owns make versus buy decisions for components based on factory
conversion capacity, delivery, cost, and quality.
- Selects vendors in an ethical manner, owns vendor relations and
ensures vendor compliance.
- Owns single versus multi-source vendors for critical materials
- Leads sourcing component of current and new product development
- Prepares and submits purchase requisitions establishing new
stock items and recording reorder point information and lead
- Ensures engineering change notices and bills of material are
accounted for. Provides listing of obsolete items and coordinates
with appropriate departments to evaluate and resolve.
- Establishes purchasing and inventory strategic goals, including
but not limited to,, cost control and turns, by gathering pertinent
business, financial, service and operations information.
- Stays informed of fluctuations and trends in commodity markets
and global supply chain/transportation capacity
- Processes engineering change notices and bills of material.
Provides listing of obsolete items and coordinates with appropriate
departments to evaluate and resolve.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements
to vendors, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and
initiating corrective actions with quality control. Investigates
discrepancies between purchasing and accounting.
- Coordinates, schedules, and evaluates private label parts
support for various brands and products. Creates items and kits
sections, evaluates stocking requirements, and supplies available
parts list, as necessary.
- Serves as a back up for parts department ordering, company
non-inventory supplies, purchase-card reconciliation, defective
warranty evaluations and claims, vendor line reject returns and
- Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential
problems, and related information necessary for effective
management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with
others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Supply Chain, Operations,
Engineering, Business, or another related field.
- At least 7 years of related purchasing/product development
- At least 2 years of sourcing experience in a manufacturing
- Supply Chain Professional certification preferred.
- Skilled at establishing supplier quality and scorecard
- Experience with global suppliers, selections, and balancing
multiple suppliers for each part.
- Strong organizational and communication skills required.
- Ability to keep multiple projects on schedule
- Ability to work accurately with numbers and details.
- Computer knowledge and skills required, including Microsoft
Excel and Word.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,
with a wide variety of Company and vendor personnel.
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core
Keywords: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?, Lakeville , Strategic Sourcing Lead, Other , Lakeville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!