Assembly Team Lead - 3rd Shift
Company: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?
Posted on: May 31, 2021
$500 Sign On Bonus at 90 days of employment
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To efficiently assemble products, as well as, lead team members
by training, assigning work, and keeping assembly lines flowing
under the direction of the Assembly Supervisor.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Creates and maintains Standard Work documents to assist team
members in achieving production goals.
- Creates and maintains Standard Operating Procedures and work
instructions to assist team members.
- Leads daily meetings to communicate instructions and plans the
- Partners and participates with Industrial Engineering, using
Northern Lean System 8 step problem solving methodologies to
resolve work abnormalities.
- Maintains Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, (SQDC) boards to
inform team members on Key Performance Indicators, (KPIs).
- Performs Abnormal Work in assembly as a result of any deviation
from the standard work.
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area in compliance with
- Attends appropriate daily/weekly meetings with
- Accurately records time and quantity of production orders in a
- Assists Supervisor in training and retraining team
- Assigns individual work assignments to team members in the
- Inspects Bill of Materials for accuracy.
- Performs first unit inspections for compliance with work
instructions and quality.
- Assists Assembly Supervisor in keeping the assembly line
flowing to meet production goals/efficiencies, including awareness
of required tact times for positions and delegating employees to
- Complies with company and department safety rules, work
practices, policies and procedures as applicable.
- Maintains a positive work attitude and promote a “team”
approach throughout the department.
- Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential
problems and related information necessary for effective
management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with
others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
- High school education or equivalent
- At least 2 years of Assembly experience and knowledge
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Basic understanding of LEAN principles of manufacturing.
- Ability to work a schedule based on the understanding of
responsibilities and priorities.
- Ability to accurately read and match numbers.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written directions
and communicate to personnel.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and work in a manner
that promotes a safe working environment.
- Ability to contribute to the team effort by accomplishing
related results as needed.
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Frequently required bend, stoop, push and pull objects.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and
- Specific vision abilities include depth perception and the
ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to talk and hear.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds, 75 pounds.
- Ability to rarely lift up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to work at heights up to 35 feet.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
- Protective footwear (steel-toe boots/shoes)
- Protective eyewear in designated areas.
- Protective hearing in designated areas.
Keywords: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?, Lakeville , Assembly Team Lead - 3rd Shift, Other , Lakeville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!