Human Resources Generalist
Company: Midwest Veterinary Supply
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Midwest Veterinary Supply -is seeking a -Human Resources
Generalist -for our Lakeville, Minnesota corporate office. - -
Job Summary: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Develop, implement, administer, and evaluate ongoing Human
Resources policies, programs, functions and procedures that support
the organization's strategic initiatives and daily operations.
Ensure that the organization is in full compliance with all
applicable employment-related laws and regulations.
Essential Job Functions: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - -
- Develop, recommend, and implement HR policies, programs, and
procedures. Prepare and maintain employee handbook and other policy
documents. Answer manager and employee questions regarding policies
- Coordinate and assist with recruitment efforts for all regular
and temporary employees, to include posting open positions,
administering applicant tracking system, interviewing candidates,
and performing pre-employment assessments and background checks.
Maintain accurate inventory of job descriptions.
- Assist with the processing of bi-weekly and semi-monthly
- Assist in the administration of company medical leave programs,
to include Family Medical Leave, short/long-term disability,
various state leave programs, and workers compensation, and
coordinate said medical leave programs.
- Assist in the administration of company benefit programs to
include medical, dental, short/long-term disability,
group/voluntary life, COBRA insurance, and 401K. Assist with
insurance open enrollment and renewal annually.
- Address employee relation concerns, anticipate problems
whenever possible, and develop, recommend, and initiate appropriate
steps for resolution.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local employment
laws and regulations and all mandated reporting requirements.
Assist in the development, maintenance, and compliance of company
affirmative action program.
- Administer performance management program to include scheduled
performance reviews, progressive discipline, and performance
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
- Must be able to perform each essential function
- An associate degree in Human Resources, Business
Administration, or other related area is required
- Three years related experience is preferred
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating instructions, and procedural manuals
- Proficiency in using a variety of computer applications to
include Microsoft Office and ADP Workforce Now
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Strong organizational skills, project management skills, and
the ability to multitask
- Must be self motivated and able to work independently
- The ability to effectively work with others throughout the
Mental & Physical Demands: - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Attention to detail to ensure accuracy
- Regular interaction with people, team-player
- Frequent deadlines must be met requiring a fast pace of work
- Regular contact with co-workers
- Continuous use of hands for writing and computer keyboard
- Continuous use of a computer monitor requiring close
- Frequent use of a telephone - listening and speaking
- Ability to work at a desk throughout the day
Job duties and requirements for Human Resources Generalist may be
subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with
disabilities. Requirements are representative of the minimum levels
of education, experience and skills required to perform the
essential functions of this job. The job description does not
constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Midwest
Veterinary Supply reserves the right to revise or change job duties
and responsibilities as the need arises.
Regularly uses typical office equipment including computer keyboard
and terminal, telephone,
fax and copier.
Work is typically performed in an office environment Monday through
Friday and may require work beyond normal business hours.
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package for
Human Resources Generalist including Medical and Dental insurance,
Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance,
Short- and Long-Term Disability insurance, a 401k plan, paid
holidays, and Paid Time Off (PTO). - Our work environment is
business casual and we like to have fun with weekly relaxed dress
days, monthly breakfasts and birthday celebrations, and regular
events like holiday contests, cookouts, and employee appreciation
Midwest Veterinary Supply, Inc. (MVS) has provided quality service
and merchandise to the veterinary profession since 1961. Our
products are distributed from eight branches located in key
geographic locations within our trade area. We take great pride in
getting our orders out the same day as called in and having the
product in the customer's hand the next day. MVS carries products
and equipment from most major manufacturers. As we continue to
grow, our goal will be, as it has always been, to provide the
veterinary profession the very best in service along with quality
merchandise at fair and competitive prices.
Midwest Veterinary Supply believes in providing equal employment
opportunities for all employees and will not violate any law
prohibiting discrimination for or against any employee or applicant
for employment on the basis of any characteristic protected under
local, state, or federal statute, ordinance, or regulation. - To
view applicable employment notices, please -click here -to visit
our Careers page. - California residents, -click here -to view the
California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosure.
Keywords: Midwest Veterinary Supply, Lakeville , Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources , Lakeville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!