Category Strategy Manager (Flexible/Hybrid Location)
Company: Oshkosh Corp.
Posted on: September 18, 2022
About McNeilus, an Oshkosh company
McNeilus Truck and Manufacturing Inc. is an industry leading
manufacturer of concrete mixers and refuse truck bodies. McNeilus
has long been the industry standard when it comes to transporting
concrete to the job site with our rear discharge mixers, as well as
the Oshkosh S-Series front discharge mixer. McNeilus also produces
a complete line of high-performance rear load, front load, and
automated side load refuse bodies to augment any refuse collection
The Category Strategy Manager will have a deep understanding of
multiple level categories of spend or program/product development
and is considered the subject matter expert for a category or group
of categories of spend. This role has substantial understanding of
influencing market drivers and external forces affecting categories
and possible multiple categories of spend for decision making. The
Category Strategy Manager builds meaningful relationships with
suppliers and internal stakeholders to ensure value optimization
and engagement. This role engages regularly in strategic sourcing
and has the ability to formulate, present and gain consensus on
The ideal candidate would be located near one of our Oshkosh
Locations; ideally in the Midwest.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may
* Mentor and coach multiple category managers across the
* Data analytics and critical thinking skill sin multiple
categories of spend; ability to connect supply chain impact to the
business, drive peak performance of spend categories.
* Subject matter expert on spends category/commodity, market trends
and predicting further trends and impacts.
* Frequent use of data analytics tools to conduct spend and
category data analytics; responsible for category spend and
performance dashboards and spend synergy visibility.
* Advanced and independent and critical thinking skills to
formulate business cost/value opportunities.
* Build meaningful relationships with the supply base in order to
regularly impact the value proposition.
* Proficient with engineering/technical drawings and understand
technical grammar and language of the business and category.
* Oversight for the effective use of supplier preferencing
strategy, supplier engagement model and part taxonomy.
* Lead and support supplier contract negotiations and has skills
and ability to mentor/coach.
* Leads internal communication for category and connection to the
* Make deep connections between category management, business goals
and value proposition.
* Identify, communicate, and manage supply chain risk and business
* Lead the validation and governance of category/commodity prices
including total cost of ownership models.
* Lead strategic sourcing initiatives that capture value for the
business, may lead or support a council.
* Build open and trusting relationships with team members through
Frequent Meaningful Conversations, ensuring individual development
plans are in place.
* Develop meaningful relationships with team members and senior
leaders across multiple functional areas, lead through
* Bachelor's degree with seven (7) or more years of experience
within in Supply Chain, Strategic Sourcing, or a related field.
* Ability to travel 25-30%.
* Relevant industry related certifications.
* Category Strategy experience within the manufacturing
* Experience mentoring and leading team members through direct
reporting relationships or project work.
* Ability to effectively communicate.
* Strong organizational skills with exceptional follow through and
attention to detail.
* Strong time-management and prioritization skills, able to
multi-task and prioritize competing requirements and meet
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where requirements
are constantly changing.
* Experience and proficiency with various web-based software
applications including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Oshkosh is committed to working with and offering reasonable
accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you need
assistance or an accommodation due to disability for any part of
the employment process, please contact us at: 920-502-3009 or
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all
individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as
provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an
Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with
Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to
controlled goods and technologies subject to the International
Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration
Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S.
Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S.
Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an
individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted
Keywords: Oshkosh Corp., Lakeville , Category Strategy Manager (Flexible/Hybrid Location), Executive , Lakeville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!