Market Retail Banking Manager
Company: Merchants Bank
Posted on: August 1, 2022
Market Retail Banking Manager Merchants Bank, Lakeville, has an
opening for a Market Retail Banking Manager. This position will
provide leadership and direction of all retail banking and assist
with community-engagement activities for our Lakeville, Apple
Valley, and Rosemount branches. Will also serve as the Branch
Manager for the Lakeville office and manage and grow a retail loan
portfolio. This position will have direct lending authority.
Individual must possess high degree of ability/aptitude in
financial analyses. College degree or equivalent business
experience required. Must have excellent communication, personnel
management, customer service, and relationship building skills.
Previous banking experience required. Please click on Apply or
apply in person at Merchants Bank, Lakeville (18550 Joplin Ave).
Questions can be emailed to "> . Merchants Bank is an Equal
Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and
individuals with disabilities. Job Summary: This position is
responsible to provide leadership and direction of all retail
banking and assist with community-engagement activities for the
defined market area of Lakeville/Apple Valley/Rosemount. The
individual will be held accountable for management of market
activities in a manner that ensures both short-term and long-term
profitability of the Bank, and in alignment with the Company s
return on investment expectations to Shareholders. The individual
is expected to create a work environment that results in equitable
treatment, a welcoming environment for all stakeholders and
nurtures the growth & career development of employees. The position
will require managing and growing a retail loan portfolio as well.
This position requires proven customer service and personnel
management skills, while promoting a professional image of the
bank. Excellent communication skills are required with all segments
of the bank s internal and external customer base. Position has
direct lending authority. Loan authorization is Board approved and
as per loan policy. Focused Leadership Responsibilities:
- Represents Merchants Bank within the Market in a manner aligned
with our aspiration to be the financial institution of choice and
recognized as a top business leader in the community
- Exemplifies exceptional customer experience standards by
modeling the way in the market
- Focuses on staff development, coaching and team building and
serves as a mentor to inspire others
- Contributes to expectations in areas of transparency and
communication to ensure internal stakeholders on the team have a
strong connection to the strategic direction of the Company
- Embraces and embodies the One Merchants culture of
responsibility setting the tone, living our core values and holding
others accountable through a collaborative process of ongoing and
consistent improvement efforts Essential Functions:
- Manage the Retail departments for Lakeville, Apply Valley and
Rosemount and supervise/lead staff to create a unified team.
- Direct reports include: CSRs, Personal Banking Managers, Lead
- Serve as Branch Manager for Lakeville office.
- Establishes effective working relationships with customers;
obtains necessary information to determine creditworthiness to make
sound financial decisions.
- Initiates the preparation of the appropriate loan documentation
ensuring all terms and conditions are accurate and as agreed.
- Must be willing to collect on loans
- Attends to the needs of potential real estate customers for
- Work with regulation changes in regards to Consumer Lenders at
- Follows through on loan transactions and department
- Identifies and initiates cross-sales opportunities of other
banking products and takes appropriate action in directing
customers to other banking departments for further service and
establishment of accounts.
- Provides ongoing account maintenance to customers; responds to
customer inquires and concerns in a timely, accurate, and
- Responsible for individual loan, fee income and referral goals,
and expected to participate in over-all department, bank and MFGI
- Responsible for community visibility and involvement in civic
organizations and bank sponsored functions to increase potential
customer contacts. Projects professional image to the public.
- Customer confidentiality and confidence are critical to the
success of this position.
- Provide leadership in key community activities including
business, charitable, civic and social organizations to maintain a
proper, responsible citizen stature for the Bank(s).
- Enhance and create new relationships with prospects and
customers through business development.
- Maintain the highest standard of ethical behavior and personal
- Regular and dependable attendance is an essential function for
- Adherence to compliance with regulations concerning financial
- Employee is expected to contribute to a positive working
environment through words and actions, respecting fellow employees
and demonstrating a cooperative team effort.
- Employee is expected to greet internal and external customers
in a friendly and outgoing manner.
- Employee is expected to take responsibility to insure that
internal and external customers receive outstanding service.
- Employee may be asked to perform other duties as required by
business needs. Competencies: Individual must possess high degree
of ability/aptitude in financial analyses. College degree or
equivalent business experience. Other areas critical to the
position are: sales ability/customer orientation, confidentiality,
and interpersonal communication. Must also obtain insurance license
to sell credit life and disability insurance. Individual must
possess good computer skills. Physical/Mental Demands: Work
involves sitting at a desk most of the time. A negligible amount of
strength for lifting, carrying, etc. Requires average ability in
finger dexterity to operate various business equipment, such as
computers, calculators, copiers, etc. Individual must have
excellent customer relations skills and demonstrate ability to
consistently display a positive and professional image at all times
when representing the Bank. Must be skilled at handling sensitive
situations. Working Conditions: Predominately inside working
environment. However, will be required to meet and assist customers
outside the Bank that will involve various working conditions. No
environmental hazards such as chemicals. May be asked to assist in
certain activities relating to collections that would expose
individual to outside Bank environment on a limited basis.
Relationships: Responsible to Market President, Twin Cities West,
for fulfillment of position functions and proper interpretation.
Must conduct self in a manner that will ensure a harmonious office
climate and enhance overall branch. May be called upon to
participate in outside community projects. Merchants Bank
Associated topics: assistant manager, co manager, major gift
officer, manager retail, principal, retail store manager, sales
lead, senior manager, store manager, supervise
Keywords: Merchants Bank, Lakeville , Market Retail Banking Manager, Executive , Lakeville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!