Company: Hearth & Home Technologies
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Every professional wants to work for an industry leader. Now is
your chance as a Category Manager at Hearth & Home Technologies in
A career at Hearth & Home Technologies puts you in the position of
working with the most popular brands in the industry, and having an
impact on a product that people love. The hearth is the center of
the home and family life.
The Category Manager will develop and execute the sourcing plan and
manage the procurement process and inbound value chain of assigned
domestic and foreign-sourced materials and other materials for HHT
manufacturing and distribution locations. This position will manage
the performance and lean management of suppliers.
- Develop and implement procurement category strategies for
assigned materials and services including:
- Identifying the total spend
- Prioritizing the opportunities to leverage purchases
- Negotiate and execute supplier agreements
- Work with suppliers and buyers to support direct raw material
- Drive purchases from internal manufacturing where
- Identify and prove out best total cost solution for the
- Partner with current supply base and develop sourcing plans to
fulfill quality, delivery, cost, and safety expectations.
- Lead negotiations with suppliers to meet or exceed end-user
- Influence the business unit strategy and translate the business
strategy to each category and align category strategies to programs
- Lead supplier evaluation and selection for new product
- Coordinate across corporate, functions, and divisions to share
best practices and adherence to guidelines.
- Able to assess the overall needs of select business units, set
strategy, negotiate, and roll out the best total solution to meet
the needs of the category.
- Lead Strategic Sourcing Initiatives (SSI's) that span virtual
teams across all HHT business units.
- Influence and partner with plant purchasing function and
business leaders to manage and align the category.
- Closely collaborate with adjacent business departments to
ensure adequate and timely delivery of agreed services, in line
with agreed service levels.
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with key category
suppliers as well as counterparts at other companies.
- Ensure optimal balance between value for money and cost savings
is achieved, while ensuring quality and excellent customer
- Continually research new opportunities to drive sales growth,
value creations, cost reduction and cost avoidance.
- Participate in supplier audits.
- Other duties as assigned.Required Qualifications:
- Good organizational skills, including program/project
management and governance
- Strong interdisciplinary, intercultural, influence and
- Self-starter with strong skills in communication and
- Proven ability to act independently to build consensus and
drive change with little supervision
- Experience with supplier and project management
- Ability to develop actionable implementation plans
- Relevant business process knowledge, as related to Procurement
and Category Management
- Strong influences and negotiations skills
Skills and Abilities:
- Foster a collaborative environment among stakeholders.
- Build and maintain strong relationships across various
- Demonstrate the value-add of leveraging suppliers, promoting a
global perspective, and building support for adoption of strategic
- Champion change and innovation. Stimulate creativity and
innovation in others. Open to new ideas. Support those who initiate
change and take risks.
- Assist in defining category procurement strategy - align with
overall strategy and be an enabler.
- Strong analytic ability.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required, with an
- Professional Certifications are a plus including: Certified
Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), Certified Purchasing
Manager (CPM), Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Ten to fifteen years durable consumer goods purchasing
- Experience leading cross functional teams without direct
Keywords: Hearth & Home Technologies, Lakeville , Category Manager, Executive , Lakeville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!