Liquor Operations Director
Company: City Of Lakeville
Posted on: September 13, 2020
Position Lakeville Liquors is the largest and most profitable
municipal liquor operations in the State of Minnesota. Gross sales
for all three locations exceed $15 million annually. Lakeville's
municipal liquor operations is consistently recognized for its
excellence in customer service, low operating costs and high
revenues.For additional information and history for Lakeville
Liquors click on the link to the Lakeville Liquors Brochure (PDF) .
The City of Lakeville is seeking an experienced and innovated
leader to serve as the Liquor Operations Director. The Liquor
Operations Director is responsible for providing management and
leadership to the entire liquor operations department, while
ensuring strict control and maintenance of the sale of beverage
alcohol, assuring that all laws and regulations are strictly
enforced. The Liquor Operations Director will promote and maintain
good public relations and customer satisfaction. 2020 Salary Range
is $100,173 - $124,933 annually. Excellent benefits package.
Deadline to apply is September 14, 2020September 15 - 17, 2020First
review of application materialsWeek of September 21, 2020Candidates
notified and interviews scheduledWeek of September 28, 2020Panel
interviews conductedWeek of October 12, 2020Final interviews
conductedNovember 2020Start date of Liquor Operations DirectorDates
are subject to change. Major Areas of Accountability
- Develop and maintain an operating plan and budget that projects
capital expenditures, revenues, expenses and profits. Monitor sales
and expenditures against the current budget; perform sales and
expenditures analysis, taking corrective action when
- Conduct periodic audits of receipts, disbursements and other
- Establish policy and procedures for the accounting of sales and
maintain strict compliance of all applicable laws and regulations
regarding the sale of alcoholic beverages.
- Supervise the purchase of all product at the best possible
price while controlling inventory levels and maintaining an
acceptable cost of goods percentage.
- Coordinate the purchases of all office supplies, uniforms and
other operational supplies.
- Generate and submit to the Finance Department all daily and
monthly financial reporting documents
- Implement and supervise internal controls to minimize loss of
store assets and inventory.
- Review, update and maintain all records, reports and users
within the Point of Sale System.
- Ensure that all product pricing is set and established for
merchandise to assure attainment of profit margins while remaining
competitively priced within the market.
- Responsible for oversight, posting and documentation of the
Liquor Departments perpetual inventory process.
- Responsible for approving and processing of all contractual
- Communicate with store managers on a daily basis.
- Communicate with other staff on an as needed basis. Develop and
implement retail objectives, policies and procedures; including
customer service objectives, operating plans, marketing strategies,
purchase plans and store improvements. Maintain good public
relations with citizens, local businesses, civic groups, suppliers
and other liquor managers.
- Maintain current policy and procedure manual. Submit all new
policies to Liquor Committee/City Council for approval prior to
- Supervise the price survey of surrounding area liquor
- Continue to increase and maintain knowledge and management
skills by attending seminars, wine conventions and tastings to stay
current with marketing evaluations and techniques.
- Oversee the recruitment and hiring of all full-time and
part-time liquor personnel; assess employee performance; evaluate
effectiveness of employee orientation and training programs.
- Supervise the continual education of all liquor personnel by
conducting employee meetings and safety meetings as per
- Perform other duties as apparent or assigned.
- Must be available to work a schedule that includes a variety of
days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Excellent product and industry knowledge.
- Strong customer service orientation and problem solving
- Strong computer experience including knowledge in word
processing and spreadsheet software. PHYSICAL
- This work requires the occasional exertion of up to 25 pounds
- Work frequently sitting, speaking or hearing and using hands to
finger, handle or feel and occasionally requires standing, walking,
reaching with hands and arms, tasting or smelling, pushing or
pulling and repetitive motions;
- Work has standard vision requirements;
- Vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging
ideas by means of the spoken word and conveying detailed or
important instructions to others accurately, loudly or
- Hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken
word levels and to receive detailed information through oral
communications and/or to make fine distinctions in sound;
- Work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data
and observing general surroundings and activities;
- Work is generally in a quiet location (e.g. library, private
- Bachelor's degree in retail marketing or business
- Seven to ten years of experience in a retailing setting of
which at least four years show increasingly responsible management
and supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of
education or experience will be considered.
- Possession of a valid driver's license and good driving record
for past 3 years.
- Municipal liquor operation experience preferred. The City of
Lakeville is an Equal Opportunity Employer Additional Information
ENVISION LAKEVILLE PAST - PRESENT - FUTURE VISION STATEMENT"We
envision a thriving, multi-generational community where families,
friends, and neighbors connect, live, learn, work, and play. Great
schools; a diverse local economy; exceptional parks, trails, and
recreational opportunities; vibrant social and cultural
institutions; safe neighborhoods; and responsive and cost-effective
public services together create a place we are proud to call
- Diversified Economic Development
- Good Value for Public Services
- Safety Throughout the Community
- Design that Connects the Community
- High Quality Education
- A Home for All Ages and Stages of Life
- A Sense of Community and Belonging
- Access to a Multitude of Natural Amenities and Recreational
Opportunities STRATEGIC PRIORITIES
- Increase Economic Sustainability
- Support High Quality Education
- Develop a Community of Choice
- Cultivate a Sense of Community
- Provide Services that Add Value
Keywords: City Of Lakeville, Lakeville , Liquor Operations Director, Executive , Lakeville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!