Director, Accounting & Finance
Company: Randstad US
Posted on: March 24, 2020
job summary: Our client is a private equity owned manufacturer
that continues to grow very quickly due to their product's ease of
use, industrial quality, and exceptional value. The Director,
Accounting & Finance role is a key management position within the
business, and will be expected to be a value-added participant in
the continued profitable growth of the Company. They will play a
key role in the development and execution of the accounting
function and will be called on to manage and control the processes
required in a business that is expected to continue to grow at a
very rapid pace.
- Our client is focused on building a collaborative management
team, and the Director, Accounting & Finance will be expected to be
a true "business partner" with the CEO and COO and the other
functional managers in the business.
- This is a key role in the continued growth of a PE platform
company with exceptional opportunity for professional growth and
exposure to the PE environment.
- The Director, Accounting & Finance will have primary day-to-day
responsibility for managing the accounting function, and will
report directly to the COO. This will include direct responsibility
for accounting, finance, forecasting and cost accounting. This role
also has fiduciary responsibility to the PE owner. -- location:
Lakeville, Minnesota job type: Permanent salary: $80,000 - 140,000
per year work hours: 9 to 5 education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 8 Years -- responsibilities: Financial Management:
- Ensures sound internal financial management control systems and
procedures are in place.
- Lead preparation of ongoing required financial statements and
operating reports ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP
standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Reviews and directs all daily accounting functions.
- Oversees and ensures timely and accurate processing of
transactions and accounting data and ensures legal and regulatory
compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Strong cost accounting skills including "hands on" leadership
in developing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive cost
system and associated margin analysis.
- Assist in preparation of the financial presentation for
meetings with the PE owner.
- Preparation / analysis of daily / weekly / monthly reports of
key financial and operational metric trends.
- Supports relationships with key customers and suppliers in
regards to establishing credit, managing A/R, etc. Strategic and
- Displays orientation to profitability and aligns finance with
- Analytical abilities and solid communication skills as to what
is driving results.
- Develop and manage processes and systems to provide management
team with timely financial and operational information in regards
to Company performance compared to budgets / operation plans.
- Continuous focus on cost containment, cost reductions and
overall improvement on improving gross margins and EBITDA.
- Play a key role with CEO, COO, management team and PE Firm in
key decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives and execution. IT
- Proficiency with ERP and can leverage IT to gain efficiencies
across the company.
- Demonstrates proficiency in QuickBooks and all MS Office
applications including Word, Excel, & PowerPoint.-- qualifications:
Required & Desirable Skills
- Successful hands-on experience leading an accounting function,
as a Controller or Assistant Controller, in a manufacturing
- Experience with financial reporting and financial analysis
reporting, or similar experience.
- Experience in the development of annual budgets and forecast
- Experience with commercial contracts dealing with customer and
supply transactions and agreements.
- Experience managing accounting and finance professionals,
setting annual goals & delivering performance reviews.
- CPA license and/or MBA strongly preferred.
- Experience with M&A evaluation and analysis a plus,
although not a prerequisite. Relationship Building:
- Establishes credibility throughout the organization as an
effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Ability to build solid working relationships across the
organization including with management, workforce, customers,
suppliers and other parties. Key Personal Attributes:
- Strong Leadership: A Proactive and Passionate Advocate for the
- Exceptional Financial & Accounting Technical Skills. Knows what
"good process" looks like - and is able to improve the finance &
accounting function accordingly.
- Accountable - Owns finance / accounting from top to bottom and
demonstrates exceptional follow through.
- Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates
others to perform well. Willing to roll up sleeves and perform work
as well as manage others.
- Effectively influences actions of others; Accepts feedback from
others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Creates a sense of team spirit and helps to create a positive
- Ethics: Treats people with respect, keeps commitments; works
with integrity and ethically.
- Upholds organizational values. Follows through on commitments.
Not a silo builder.
- Innovation: Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets
challenges with resourcefulness, generates suggestions for
improving work and develops innovative approaches and ideas.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing
demands, changes approach or method to best fit the situation, able
to deal with change, delays or unexpected events.
- Strong organizational skills: versatile and able to manage
multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong work-ethic, detail-driven and a commitment to doing
whatever it takes to get the job done.-- skills: Budgeting, Account
Reconciliation, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Bookkeeping,
Accruals, Cost Accounting, Bank Reconciliations, Cost of Goods
Sold, Budgeting Forecasting & Management Reporting, $0-50 million,
$50-100 million Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion,
Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age,
Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any
other legally protected group status.
Keywords: Randstad US, Lakeville , Director, Accounting & Finance, Executive , Lakeville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!