IT Operations Analyst III- Problem Manager
Posted on: March 18, 2020
OverviewMoneyGram is an international, high-performance
company,located in more than 200 countries and territories. We are
committed to our employees. MoneyGrampromotes an environment that
is both challenging and rewarding for employees.We understand the
importance of career development, and provide manyopportunities to
learn and grow. We take pride in upholding a culture stronglyrooted
in our corporate values, and committed to the communities around
us.JobSummaryThe Incident/Problem Manager reportsdirectly to the IT
Operations Manager and is responsible for ensuring the dayto day
operations in the Command Center and are operating to standards.
Monitors environment health and thefacilitation of high severity
incidents to improve the state of serviceavailability and
continuity Documents all problems (hardware, application,
network,etc.) and takes corrective action as required. Exhibits
full technicalknowledge with a proven ability to work in a
multi-task team drivenenvironment; demonstrates good verbal and
documentation skills. Thisrole also incorporates Problem Management
from Major Incidents, RCA reports andproactive analysis of trends
in incidents eliminating recurring incidents andminimizing the
impact of incidents that cannot be prevented.Primary
Responsibilities* Define,develop and communicate the practices and
processes necessary for effectiveproblem management to minimize the
impact of service outages
* Documentall problems & issues encountered during the shift.
Prepare shift turnoverdocument.
* Coordinatebetween various support teams to identify the root
cause of a problem and finda workaround or solution
* Participatein efforts to improve levels of Service and minimize
risks through use ofIncident Management processes/data
* Workwith the technical leads and other relevant stakeholders
across the ITEnterprise to embed the Service Management
* Theprimary responsibility will be to ensure that root-cause is
established for allmajor incidents and that a formal RCA is
published within agreed SLAs.
* Responsiblefor the major incident and problem management
discipline, ensuring an effectiveand coordinated set of processes
are developed and maintained across allservices
* Ensurethat the incident management process is performed according
to the agreed anddocumented standard and meets the process
* Inaddition, the current Major Incident and Problem management
processes should tobe reviewed and improvements implemented.
Implementation will includedocumentation and mentoring of all IT
* Workingknowledge of supporting software including; ServiceNow,
Splunk, RTView,SolarWinds and other monitoring tools
* Monitormultiple automated scheduling packages (ESP, etc.), follow
establishedescalation procedures reporting any delays or problems
to the lead or Manager
* JoinSEV1/2 bridge lines and keep a timeline of activities during
* Co-ordinatesrapid response to major incidents and problems,
ensuring that appropriateaction is taken to investigate and resolve
them, with minimal downtime tosystems and services
* Create/updateServiceNow Reporting.
* Supportthe production system environment - perform off-hours/
holiday work as neededor required.
* Abilityto work independently to meet deliverables with little or
* Process-oriented- understands the organizational benefits of
process and the need forcompliance.
* Analyticaland reflective - with the ability to apply the
knowledge gained effectively.
* Promoteknowledge sharing, assist with updating documentation to
remain current acrossshifts
* Abilityto support days nights weekends 24 X 7 X 365
* Promotean environment that supports diversity and reflects the
RequiredQualifications:* Four-year degree in the field
ofInformation Technology Management or Computer Science, Project
Management,or Business Analysis or equivalent work experience. (or
* Proficient in knowledge of the ITinfrastructure (hardware,
databases, operating systems, networks etc) usedwithin own
* Has a broad knowledge and understanding of ITconcepts, coupled
with proven experience of successfully managing incidents
* Familiar with IT Service Management tools,knowledge of
ServiceNow, JIRA and Microsoft SharePoint greatly desired.
* 2 or more years of working hands-on with allaspects of the System
Development Life Cycle.
* ITIL Foundation certified.
* Experience with AWS and/or Google cloudmonitoring tools is a
AdditionalInformation & Demand:* Dueto the nature of the role you
may be required to work extended hours at shortnotice to complete
the work required to meet the business needs
* Canconform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through
analytical andproblem-solving capabilities
* Strongwritten and verbal communication skills; strong
Keywords: Moneygram, Lakeville , IT Operations Analyst III- Problem Manager, Executive , Lakeville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!